Set Up Technician & Driver / Lot Attendant, Dealership
We are committed to providing the highest level of service in the powersports industry. For us, that means having an enthusiastic Set Up Technician & Driver / Lot Attendant, Dealership on staff. This person is passionate about the industry, eager to grow their career, and ready and waiting to consistently deliver upon that commitment.
About the Role:
- Uncrate and set up new units upon delivery
- Perform pre-delivery inspections, routine tire changes, basic maintenance, and minor accessory installations
- Responsible for overall general housekeeping inside and outside the dealership
- Responsible for product cleanliness and detailing; both new and pre-owned
- Ability to assist in moving product from one location to another, i.e.; to and from Service, to and from Sales Department; as well as to and from our warehouse in Christiansburg and/or other off-site location
- Ability to pick up and deliver various items including but not limited to customer product
- Able to work under close supervision of the Service and Sales Manager
- Abide by all dealership policies pertaining to the department
- Follow company dress codes and be well groomed at all times
- Any other specific duties deemed necessary for the overall success of the department and the dealership as a whole
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all other employees.
- Customer-first mindset
- Basic knowledge of at least one of the rider segments that we sell to/storefronts (Dirt, Street, ATV, Utility ATV, UTV, Cruiser)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Proactive mindset and creative problem solving skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Clean driving record with a valid driver’s license
- Ability and willingness to obtain motorcycle endorsement
- Ability to use or learn electronic platforms such as laptops, desktops, smart phones, tablets etc. These will be used for things such as industry software, timekeeping (Dayforce), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Exchange etc.), Outlook (email and calendar) and Google suite (Drive, Sheets, Documents, etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- May be required to push and/or balance a 600 lb+ recreational vehicle
- The ability to spend the majority of the day on your feet
Working Conditions: The Driver will potentially be exposed to:
- Battery acid
- Chemical cleaning materials or
- Other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle place of business
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About MotoSport Roanoke
Our mission is clear: We exist to ensure powersports enthusiasts never miss a ride.
MotoSport Roanoke is proud to be part of MotoSport.com. MotoSport.com is more than a powersports company. We are a gathering of power sports devotees who ride and wrench like there’s no tomorrow… just like our customers. Because we‘re living the moto life, we make sure that we have the right parts and gear for you – whoever you are. But we wouldn’t be that different from the other guys if we just had a ton of stuff, would we? So we’ll do you one better: here at MotoSport.com we have a wealth of expert knowledge that comes from experience. That means our customers get the right parts and gear every time, and we go above and beyond to get it there in time. At the end of it all, we strive to make people (who aren’t that different from us) happy and satisfied… after all, we know what it’s like to be passionate about powersports, so who better to bring that enthusiasm to life than MotoSport?
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly, hybrid office culture office make for a fun work environment. MotoSport employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include annual bonus eligibility, medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid parental leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending Accounts.