Do you enjoy finding out the why of a situation? Then you may be the person we are searching for! Our service writer interprets customer needs for our mechanics. You are the primary point of contact for customers requiring vehicle service. You will represent the dealership in a positive manner to all customers by treating every individual fairly, courteously and with dignity. You will also be responsible for initiating service and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested, verifying warranty and service contract coverage, developing estimates, writing repair orders, maintaining accurate and on-time reports and records relative to the service department’s operation within the dealership, and assuring that all charges related to repair orders are posted properly and closed in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining and driving sales and profitability in the service department.
- Open repair orders as directed by the Service Manager and maintain control until closed and cashiered.
- Handle repair order charges, warranty validation & claims coverages including computation of charges, submission, and follow-up.
- Maintain the service library with information that is current.
- File bulletins, manuals, CD’s, etc. under the direct supervision of the Service Manager.
- Assemble all types of equipment and other merchandise offered for sale by the dealership.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and cares for shop tools and equipment assigned to the technician.
- Account for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties.
- Safely operate all equipment sold by the dealership.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Handle service department filing and records.
- Update customer profiles using equipment, hours or other information from the customer work orders.
- Maintain accessories and supplies and prepares replacement orders for the Service Manager’s approval.
- Address and resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Track “comebacks” and make sure the problem is corrected to the customer and dealership’s satisfaction.
- Greet customers immediately in a courteous manner.
- Treat customers fairly and with honesty, and demonstrate our commitment to superior customer service and ethical business practices.
- Maintain up to date technical training.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have an outgoing, friendly personality and superior communication & customer service skills.
- Experience working in a service department.
- Valid unrestricted driver’s license, preferably with a motorcycle endorsement.
- Ability to write and work on routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to negotiate customer complaints to a satisfactory resolution.
- Knowledge and experience with EVO Lightspeed products or demonstrate the ability and desire to learn them.
- Experience with common dealership or point of sale computer systems.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent organizational ability.
- Mechanical/technical competency and understanding of industry terms.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- May be required to push and/or balance a 600 lb+ recreational vehicle.
- Ability to use keyboard and computer for an extended length of time.
- The ability to spend the majority of the day on your feet.
The Service Writer may potentially be exposed to:
- Battery acid
- Chemical cleaning materials or
- Other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle place of business.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MotoSport.com is more than a powersports company. We are a gathering of power sports devotees who ride and wrench like there’s no tomorrow… just like our customers. Because we ‘re living the moto life, we make sure that we have the right parts and gear for you – whoever you are. But we wouldn’t be that different from the other guys if we just had a ton of stuff, would we? So we’ll do you one better: here at MotoSport.com we have a wealth of expert knowledge that comes from experience. That means our customers get the right parts and gear every time, and we go above and beyond to get it there in time. At the end of it all, we strive to make people (who aren’t that different from us) happy and satisfied… after all, we know what it’s like to be passionate about powersports, so who better to bring that enthusiasm to life than MotoSport?
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. MotoSport employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
About MotoSport.com Roanoke
Our mission is clear: We exist to ensure powersports enthusiasts never miss a ride.