The Service Manager will be responsible for driving efficiency and profitability of the department. This role will also be responsible for the overall supervision, coordination, coaching and training of all service department employees in accordance with all federal, state, local laws and company policy. The Service Manager is responsible for achieving monthly and annual goals set by management.
About the Role:
- Work closely with all other managers in the dealership to create strong interdepartmental communication.
- Achieve goals by following (and, if necessary, adjusting) your plan of action
- Maintain the highest level of customer service
- Ensure that all customers are greeted, assisted and provided the opportunity to receive the maximum and most complete work performed on their equipment
- Assist in developing a process to address issues and department sales promotions
- Ensure adequate number of trained technicians are on duty during the hours of operation
- Provide and/or arrange training, direction and scheduling for all department staff
- Assume full responsibility for the proper use, security, care and maintenance of all dealership service equipment
- Assume responsibility that all service department employees are maintaining a clean personal work area as well as a clean service area as a whole
- Partner with the Sales and Parts departments to increase add on and repair parts sales
- Complete all required reporting procedures
- Ensure that all completed repair orders are ready to cashier completed repair, including warranty, and forward to accounting for collection
- Perform reviews on all staff members on an annual basis
- Constructively handle, or assist in handling all customer complaints
- Assist staff in solving problems and improving their performance
- Plan, organize, direct and control your service staff to meet the goals you set with GM. Use these goals to help your department maximize their potential
- At the beginning of each month, counsel with each technician to establish realistic goals for the month and action plan
- Monitor each subordinate’s daily performance and compare it with their monthly goals. Those who are on or above their goals, should be recognized for their achievement. Those who are not on a pace to meet their goals should be given the help they need to get them back on target
- Ensure all dealership standards in the Service Department are met. This includes attendance tracking, professional appearance and behavior
- Review, understand and achieve departmental budget
- Maximize gross profit rate
- Handles all aspects of facility maintenance including damage repairs, coordination with contractors, etc.
- Complete any training and/or certifications required by the manufacturers as well as local and state agencies
- State Inspector license preferred
- Perform other duties as may be required
- Exuberant leadership qualities and ability to engage staff, monitor and motivate performance
- Ability to encourage team and provide individualized feedback
- Coaching and mentoring ability for a diverse workforce
- Excellent ability to self manage time, work independently, and ability to make decisions that affect company revenue and/or customer retention
- Requires the ability to handle multiple projects on various levels within tight timelines
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of customers and all levels of staff within the organization
- Ability to own the customer experience with escalated contacts
- Powersports mechanical training/trade school is a plus
- Experience with the powersport industry with an emphasis on dirt bike, street bike and ATV’s
- Proficient in working with multiple ERP systems, tracking tools and OEM and vendor/dealer websites
- In depth knowledge and use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Exchange etc.), Outlook (email and calendar) and Google suite (Drive, Sheets, Documents, etc.)
- Experience and familiarity with a powersports service department
- Self-motivated and driven for success
- Eagerness to be compensated for doing what you enjoy
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- May be required to push and/or balance a 600 lb+ powersports vehicle
- Ability to use keyboard and computer for extended length of time
- The ability to spend the majority of the day on your feet
The Service Manager will potentially be exposed to:
- Battery acid
- Chemical cleaning materials or
- Other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle place of business
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MotoSport.com is more than a powersports company. We are a gathering of power sports devotees who ride and wrench like there’s no tomorrow… just like our customers. Because we‘re living the moto life, we make sure that we have the right parts and gear for you – whoever you are. But we wouldn’t be that different from the other guys if we just had a ton of stuff, would we? So we’ll do you one better: here at MotoSport.com we have a wealth of expert knowledge that comes from experience. That means our customers get the right parts and gear every time, and we go above and beyond to get it there in time. At the end of it all, we strive to make people (who aren’t that different from us) happy and satisfied… after all, we know what it’s like to be passionate about powersports, so who better to bring that enthusiasm to life than MotoSport?
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. MotoSport employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
About MotoSport.com Roanoke
Our mission is clear: We exist to ensure powersports enthusiasts never miss a ride.