Merchandising Assistants are responsible for supporting Buyers in achieving and exceeding the financial goals of their segment by assisting in daily and administrative duties.
About the Job:
- Ride Creation: Responsible for setting up new ATVs & UTVs in our database so that they are available to our customers on the website. Researches manufacturers websites to learn what machines were released for new model years, and conduct research to understand what components are new, and what components are the same from the prior model year. Requires a high level of knowledge and understanding of all ATVs and UTVs.
- Fitments/Parts: Owns the fitment translation database and process for all brands. Manages and updates MMY (make/model/year) data for the Utility, UTV and ATV storefronts. Builds spec sheets for the Merchandising Operations team for the purpose of setting up product in the system
Data Entry: Assigning MMY data to the part numbers in the system that they are compatible with. This is what drives our website shopping experience.
- Cost/Pricing: Updates vendor quote costs when new files are supplied from vendors/brands and works with Buyers to implement new retail and sale pricing based on pricing strategy by brand. Frequently perform competitive analysis on products and works with Buyers to make price suggestions so MotoSport remains competitive and profitable
- Promotions: Assist in brainstorming promotional ideas for the marketing team
- Customer Reviews: Responsible for approving/rejecting customer reviews and working with the buyer(s) to make merchandise changes based on the customer feedback
- Online Merchandising: Support buyers to optimize and merchandise PLP and Search pages. Works with merchandising to enhance, build and maintain the overall site browse structure. Maintains new product types and required attributes. Reports on attributes that drive navigation and refinement
- 1-2 years of relevant Industry Merchandising experience
- Some understanding of Retail Math and Fundamentals is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding time management skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and prioritize competing tasks/initiatives
MotoSport was founded in Yakima, WA in 1999 by a gentleman named Bill Butcher.
Bill loved riding motorcycles and raced in the expert class in the super competitive AMA District 13 in the late 70s and early 80s. He ultimately founded MotoSport because he believed he could provide a better service to his fellow powersports enthusiasts than the vast majority of local dealers and because he had always dreamed of one day combining his passion with his business prowess. He built the foundation of the business upon a single shared passion for motorcycles and the rest is history, as they say.
Now well into our second decade, MotoSport continues to lead the powersports industry in selection, quality, expertise and customer service. We dont call ourselves "The Guys That Ride" because its a catchy slogan. When you call for help or advice youll actually talk to someone who owns, rides and wrenches on a dirt bike, street bike, ATV or side-by-side. You wont find a more knowledgeable staff of Gearheads or a more devoted customer base because those who rely on us for their parts and gear know that with MotoSport, the loyalty is mutual. Our competitive pricing and wide selection of products means you can grab everything from that impossible-to-find OEM bolt to the latest and greatest motorcycle helmet and have it all on your doorstep in days. Were passionate about what we sell because what we sell is fun.
Our mission is clear: We exist to ensure powersports enthusiasts never miss a ride.
Thats why we offer fast, free shipping at such a low order-value threshold and aim to get as many orders as possible out the door the day they are received. If youve planned to ride or race this weekend, the last thing we want to hear is how you sat by the mailbox waiting for parts or gear that didnt arrive on time. Call, email or chat with us. Well answer your questions and offer guidance and suggestions, but most of all well get you riding.