The Warranty Administrator is responsible for reviewing and completing warranty claims. This includes preparing, recording, reconciling warranty claims, and submitting them to the appropriate O.E.M. vendor. Review and refile of denied claims. This position requires constant review of changing warranty policies and procedures.
- Develops, oversees and continually improves the warranty administration processes of the dealer.
- Review warranty repair orders to ensure appropriate labor times, labor operations, parts and sublet pricing is assigned to each repair
- Checking, verifying and processing warranty claim forms
- Submits warranty claims to Manufacturers
- Assist the Service manager or Technician as needed to check each warranty vehicle for outstanding recalls or other warrantable claim opportunities
- Handle and resolve claim corrections and charge-backs
- Report any fraudulent manipulation of warranty claims
- Assist service writers in closing all open warranty RO’s
- Assist with special projects, audits and reports as requested
- Attend warranty training courses as needed
- Provide all information requested in Manufacturer warranty audits
- Verify all warranty parts are tagged with required information to return to factory if requested
- Fluent understanding of all vendor’s warranty policies and procedures to maximize warranty opportunity
- Serves as a liaison between the Service Manager, Service Advisors, Parts personnel, Technicians and Manufacturer Representatives
- Assists Service Manager with other administrative tasks as needed
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of motorcycle parts and repair processes
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and remain flexible as to job requirements
- Computer oriented, and experienced with Microsoft computer software programs, (Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information
- Goal driven, self-starter, willing to take initiative and manage time appropriately.
Required Education and Experience
- 2 years’ experience in Customer service. Dealership experience preferred.
- Experienced with Microsoft computer software programs, (Word, Excel,Outlook)
- Experience with Manufacturer dealer portals/websites
- General knowledge of motorcycle parts, mechanical systems and repair processes a plus
Full-time associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision and PTO!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran or uniformed service-member status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
About Motorcycles of Charlotte and Motorcycles of Greensboro
We are a full service European Motorcycle Dealership with locations in both Charlotte and Greensboro. We put great emphasis on customer service, striving to make sure every customer is taken care of to the best of our ability.