Vice President, Powersports Industry Market Expansion
The Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) is the national not-for-profit trade association representing manufacturers and distributors of motorcycles, scooters, motorcycle/ATV/ROV parts and accessories, dealers, and members of allied trades such as insurance, finance and investment firms, media companies, and consultants.
The MIC is looking for someone to lead market expansion efforts and ridership initiatives, where ridership is defined as “more riders, and riders riding more.” This position is responsible for developing new, former and current rider programs, building consumer and industry relationships, and implementing strategies aiding in a new rider’s journey to becoming a lifelong rider. Additional duties include planning and managing the ridership budget and other resources, along with management of staff. The MIC is based in Irvine, CA, but well-qualified candidates in other geographic locations will be considered.
The successful candidate will, for example:
· Develop marketing campaigns to encourage people to try motorcycling for the first time, support new entrants in their journey to becoming a life-long rider, and encourage those who have previously ridden to return to riding.
· Create first rides and other experiential programs for prospective riders around the U.S.
· Create and curate lifestyle and other marketing content for websites, social media channels, and strategic partnerships to promote the ridership mission.
· Create strategies and tactics that foster transitioning new riders to experienced, confident lifetime riders.
· Create and curate marketing content and strategies for rider retention.
· Create & manage funding models created to offset, or fully fund ridership marketing efforts.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Maintain and further develop relationships with MIC members, riders, various trade and enthusiast media, and other potential supporters of MIC’s ridership efforts.
· Develop strategies and deploy tactics to increase awareness of the joys and benefits of motorcycling, and assist in guiding potential riders to online tools, experiential events, and industry resources.
· Build strategic relationships with agencies and vendors that can aid in ridership growth.
· Analyze consumer behaviors and derive trends and actionable items from data.
· Serve as a Powersports industry spokesperson.
· Assist in planning and on-site management of ridership events. May be required to attend related events promoting ridership or for event value assessment. Knowledge of event management and logistics is ideal.
· 7+ years of Powersports industry experience is preferred, experience with OEMs, aftermarket companies, dealers, large dealer networks, and or e-retailers. Relevant and transferable experience from other industries may be appropriate.
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships, work with diverse stakeholders, and develop solid business relationships with these varied parties or stakeholders.
· Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and marketing, developing and implementing business and marketing plans, and ability to manage and maintain budgets.
· Proven ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, to prioritize, plan, and carry out multiple projects simultaneously, on time, and within budget.
· Deep understanding of how to use social media platforms to build project awareness and maximize engagement of the desired audience for measurable results.
· Passionate about motorcycling and Powersports in general.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Effective, experienced public speaker comfortable with conducting live or recorded presentations. Ability to effectively moderate business or public conversations.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a protected veteran.
To Apply: Submit resume and salary requirement to email@example.com with Vice President, Ridership in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
About Motorcycle Industry Council
The Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) is the national trade association representing manufacturers and distributors of motorcycles, scooters, motorcycle/ATV/ROV parts and accessories, and members of allied trades such as insurance, finance and investment firms, media companies and consultants. MIC Events is primarily responsible for producing the American International Motorcycle Expo presented by Nationwide.
The AIMExpo was created to serve as the catalyst to bring together industry, press, dealers and consumers in a single arena that creates a grand stage for motorcycling and powersports in the U.S. and North America, and delivers an efficient and energetic market-timed expo platform for B2B and B2C in the greater powersports industry.