The Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) is the national trade association representing manufacturers and distributors of motorcycles, scooters, motorcycle/ATV/ROV parts and accessories, and members of allied trades such as insurance, finance, and investment firms, media companies, and consultants. MIC Events is responsible for producing the American International Motorcycle Expo, MIC Symposium, and other events. The AIMExpo was created to serve as the catalyst to bring together industry, press, dealers, and consumers in a single arena that creates a grand stage for motorcycling and Powersports in the U.S. and North America.
The Motorcycle Industry Council is looking for a Membership & Sales Manager. This position is responsible for developing and recruiting new aftermarket and dealer members to the MIC, creating sales & sponsorship strategy related to the sales of exhibit space and sponsorship for Events, and manages Account Representatives. This position also secures new business and increases revenue by connecting with both member and exhibitor prospects in the motorcycle/Powersports industry via phone calls and face-to-face meetings for their individual assigned territory. This position secures exhibit space contracts, deposits, payments and assists with customer service while achieving the sales goals in their assigned territory. The Membership and Sales manager recognizes new opportunities to create revenue streams to the MIC through sponsors/branding opportunities related to MIC member assets.
The ideal candidate will bring leadership, enthusiasm, energy, and a collaborative spirit. Someone who enjoys working with and in the Powersports industry is a plus!
Job Duties include (but aren’t limited to):
· With input from the leadership team, develop sales goal setting for the department.
· Promote positive relationship building and excellent customer service with exhibitors and members.
· Using our survey and research results, understand our customer demographics and use this information to educate our exhibitors so they may do a better job reaching their customers.
· Develop agenda and oversee weekly sales meetings.
· Constantly seek leads for potential exhibitors from every possible source such as advertisers in other media, internet sources, competitive shows, association members, networking, referrals, etc.
· Actively recruit new MIC members through personal contact, advertising, and mail campaigns.
· Manage Account Representative staff.
· 4+ years’ experience in sales, event management, or other related experience
· High School degree: Bachelor’s Degree in business preferred.
· Excellent organization, project management, and communication skills
· Detail-oriented and self-starter
· Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively to prioritize, plan, and carry out multiple projects simultaneously under deadlines.
· Ability to build and maintain professional relationships.
· Knowledge of and passion for the Powersports industry preferred.
· Ability and willingness to travel.
The Motorcycle Industry Council provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The MIC provides a comprehensive benefits program to include PTO, Paid Holidays, medical, dental, vision, and retirement. To be considered for this position, please send an email to Recruiting@mic.org with your full name and “Manager, Membership & Sales” Submission as the subject title.
Please no recruiter phone calls. Thank you.
About Motorcycle Industry Council
The Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) is the national trade association representing manufacturers and distributors of motorcycles, scooters, motorcycle/ATV/ROV parts and accessories, and members of allied trades such as insurance, finance and investment firms, media companies and consultants. MIC Events is primarily responsible for producing the American International Motorcycle Expo presented by Nationwide.
The AIMExpo was created to serve as the catalyst to bring together industry, press, dealers and consumers in a single arena that creates a grand stage for motorcycling and powersports in the U.S. and North America, and delivers an efficient and energetic market-timed expo platform for B2B and B2C in the greater powersports industry.