The Motorcycle Industry Council is looking for an Account Manager. The Account Manager is responsible for securing new business and increasing revenue by connecting with exhibitor prospects in the motorcycle and powersports industry via phone calls and face-to-face meetings. The account manager secures exhibit space contracts, sponsorships, deposits, payments and assists with customer service while achieving the sales goals in their assigned territory.
The ideal candidate will bring personal energy, enthusiasm and flair as a member of the MIC Events team. We are looking for a marketing professional that thrives in a participatory and collaborative team environment. Someone who enjoys working with and in the powersports industry is a plus!
Job Duties include (but aren’t limited to):
· Meet weekly, monthly and annual sales goals.
· Drive daily sales activities (calls, meetings, finalized sales etc.) required in accordance with sales goals and forecasts
· Schedule and conduct face-to-face meetings/sales calls with prospective and current customers as necessary to achieve assigned sales goals.
· Travel as needed
· Consistently follow sales plan with guidance from Sales Manager.
· Develop and maintain relationships with exhibitors while ensuring customer satisfaction and promoting good customer service.
· Become a “trusted adviser” to our customers.
· Through the use of our survey and research results, understand our customer demographics and use this information to help our exhibitors do a better job reaching their customers.
· Participate in weekly sales meetings
· Continuously strive to improve performance and skill sets through training, educational opportunities, etc.
· Constantly seek leads for potential exhibitors from every possible source such as advertisers in other media, internet sources, competitive shows, association members, networking, referrals, etc.
· Become proficient with Act! and/or NetSuite CRM – every sales conversation to be documented and all information to be completed including recording call history, open opportunity as appropriate, record estimated close date, scheduling activities, proper call results (connected, left message, etc.), update contact information, obtain email address, obtain exhibitor and prospect opt-ins, etc.
· Join relevant professional associations, regularly attend meetings and network with their membership
· Attend all appropriate competitive shows, events, races whenever possible and follow-up on leads immediately
· Share leads with your peers as appropriate and support one another every day
· Understand the positioning of all competitors’ shows and how they relate to our events
· Source sponsorship leads where feasible
· Constantly update your “Top 25 Exhibitor Wish List” – companies we would ideally like to see exhibit in the show
· Provide on-site floor management at the show and assist show management with the coordination of the move-in/move-out of the exhibitors
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a sales position
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business preferred but not required.
· Ability to be flexible and work under tight deadlines, and travel as needed
· Customer focus & Commitment to excellence
· Attention to detail
· Self-driven with the ability to work with a team
· Previous trade show and/or powersports industry experience a plus
About Motorcycle Industry Council
The Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) is the national trade association representing manufacturers and distributors of motorcycles, scooters, motorcycle/ATV/ROV parts and accessories, and members of allied trades such as insurance, finance and investment firms, media companies and consultants. MIC Events is primarily responsible for producing the American International Motorcycle Expo presented by Nationwide.
The AIMExpo was created to serve as the catalyst to bring together industry, press, dealers and consumers in a single arena that creates a grand stage for motorcycling and powersports in the U.S. and North America, and delivers an efficient and energetic market-timed expo platform for B2B and B2C in the greater powersports industry.