Salary Range: 65k+
Primary Job Functions:
This position is responsible for contributing to the department’s marketing campaigns and operational logistics. Main responsibilities include event operations coordination, website updates via WordPress and Squarespace, and eblast communications through Mailchimp.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Operations & Event Management
– Manage AIMExpo sponsorship fulfillment – work with companies to secure artwork and other requirements needed to execute sponsorship deliverables.
– Contribute to the management of AIMExpo exhibitor and MIC member customer service – answering questions regarding basic show information, assisting MIC members with general questions or assisting with member access issues.
– Manage exhibitor booth package execution with AIMExpo general contractor (work with exhibitors to confirm booth requirements including submission of exhibitor artwork)
– Manage staff hotel reservations for AIMExpo and other events as needed.
– Coordinate printing of AIMExpo and MIC Business Center signage with show general contractor
– MIC Symposium & AIMExpo Education sessions: work with team members to coordinate and confirm speakers. Execute speaker agreements, confirm sessions, titles, course descriptions, reimbursements as necessary, etc.
– Coordinate communication/scheduling MSF-certified coaches for Ride With Us Moto Intro events
– Coordinate Ride With Us Moto Intro logistics and shipping to events
– Assist with AIMExpo Exhibitor and MIC membership dues collections
– Work within the established event/marketing budget
– Update AIMExpoUSA.com and RideWithUs.com websites as needed
– Build promotional emails in Mailchimp and NetSuite and maintenance of email database
– Monitor RideWithUs.com email inbox and respond accordingly
– Manage trade publication ad deadlines
– Oversee sales/marketing emails through NetSuite (for prospects and renewals)
– Other duties as assigned
· 5-7 years of proven progressive experience in event operations and logistics
· Ability to multi-task, manage deadlines and juggle many projects at once effectively
· Ability to work cohesively in a team environment, share ideas and work together for achievement of department goals.
· Excellent customer service skills with an ability to maintain a professional and friendly demeanor in the most stressful of situations.
· Think proactively; recognize potential challenges and take steps to avoid situations before they materialize
· Detail oriented
· Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and, ability to learn CRM software. Illustrator skills a plus
· Basic understanding of website editing with platforms such as WordPress and Squarespace
· Experience with Mail Chimp and/or willingness to learn Airtable and other digital tools as necessary
· Ability and willingness to travel- To AIMExpo and Ride With Us Moto Intros (6-8x a year)
About Motorcycle Industry Council
The Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) is the national trade association representing manufacturers and distributors of motorcycles, scooters, motorcycle/ATV/ROV parts and accessories, and members of allied trades such as insurance, finance, and investment firms, media companies, and consultants. MIC Events is primarily responsible for producing the American International Motorcycle Expo.
The AIMExpo was created to serve as the catalyst to bring together industry, press, dealers, and consumers in a single arena that creates a grand stage for motorcycling and powersports in the U.S. and North America and delivers an efficient and energetic market-timed expo platform for B2B and B2C in the greater powersports industry.