Mike’s Famous Harley-Davidson is an industry leader and one of the largest dealerships in the New England area. Twenty-six year Harley-Davidson® dealership owner is a seeking an Experienced General Manager in the Motorcycle/Automotive Industry.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversees, manages, provides direction and coordination for all areas of the operation of the dealership.
• Establishes and communicates operating policies and procedures for dealership.
• Balances the demands of employees, suppliers, customers, owners, and community.
• Ensures departments maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
• Maintains records, controls and requests reports from subordinates to evaluate dealership performance.
· Responsible for maximizing return on investment and profit and loss.
· Has direct responsibility for managing and controlling company assets.
· Managing and developing employees for future growth.
· Holds department managers accountable for established monthly and annual objectives and financial goals.
· Approval of all major departmental expenditures.
· Development and implementation of marketing plans for both short-term and long-term growth
· In collaboration with the Dealer Principal, makes recommendations/changes to the operating plan and related budgets.
2) Customer Service
· Responsible for customer and/or employee fulfillment.
· Greets customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Handles customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude.
· Sets policies, procedures and processes for dealership.
· Coaches, counsels and evaluates direct reports.
· Manages recruitment, interviewing, hiring and termination of staff.
· Conducts performance reviews on a regular basis for direct reports.
· Sets and/or approves compensation plans for dealership employees.
· Provides appropriate training for management team to have the skills to do their job. (seminars, sales training, technical training, etc.)
· Holds management accountable for leading their people.
· Delegates responsibility to managers as needed.
· Manages conflicts between departments and individuals within the dealership.
· Models superior customer service behavior by demonstrating positive relationships with customers and employees.
· Is honest and fair in all business dealings.
· Treats all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
· Sets the tone for working relationships within the dealership.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
· Seven years or more of progressive dealership management experience.
· Demonstrated ability to manage all financial and management aspects of a
· Demonstrated ability to hire, manage, and retain quality employees.
· Preferred knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson® motorcycles and other products sold by the dealership.
About Mike's Famous Harley-Davidson
Mike's Famous Harley-Davidson is an Award Winning Dealership! Come be a part of our family in our 55,000 square foot facility.