This position reports to the General Manager and will be responsible for assisting in the management of accounting functions as well as bookkeeping needs. Such functions include playing an active role in monthly financial closes and reporting, providing guidance to the team to ensure the maintenance of accurate books and records, and participating in projects as necessary.
Maintenance of Accurate Books and Records:
• Ensures accurate and proper recording of financial transactions.
• Prepares recommendations relative to the accounting reserves, assets, and expenditures.
• Ensures accounting team’s commitment to timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP, HDFS policies and procedures.
• Reviews monthly journal entries.
• Reviews monthly accounting reconciliations.
• Performs general ledger maintenance.
• Assists financial analysts as needed in the preparation and analysis of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
• Prepare monthly accounting close.
• Prepare quarterly and year-end financials and other regulatory reporting.
• Assists in coordination of internal and external audits.
• Prepares ad-hoc reporting and analyses.
• Participates in the coordination, creation and continuous improvement of processes.
• Performs other duties as are assigned by the General Manager or Director of Operations, such as leading and participating in projects.
• Responsible for protecting employees, customers and corporate information.
• Works closely with the Manager of Payroll to ensure weekly and bi-weekly payrolls are done accurately
Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years experience (some public accounting experience preferred)
- Supervisory experience required
- General ledger experience required
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel required
- CPA certification is preferred
- Financial reporting experience is a plus
- Talon, accounting software, experience is a plus
- Motorcycle Dealership experience is a plus
About Malcolm Smith Motorsports
Malcolm started working for Pappy Motts of Motts' Cycles in San Bernardino when he was fifteen, eventually landing at K&N Motorcycles. He moved up quickly at K&N and eventually bought the dealership from Norm McDonald. He renamed and reopened the relatively modest motorcycle dealer and repair shop in Riverside, California in 1966. During the next 30 years the dealership flourished and expanded into larger locations. After steady growth in the 90's, Malcolm decided that it was once again time to raise the bar and began construction on what was to become the standard for which all other dealerships would be judged. After three years of construction, Malcolm moved his dealership to the current location at 7599 Indiana Avenue near Madison and the 91 freeway. The current location opened November 2006 as Southern California's premier motorsports destination. In 2009, Malcolm Smith Motorsports was named “Number One Dealer in the Country” by Dealernews Magazine…Malcolm had once again won gold.