Malcolm Smith Motorsports is a large powersports dealership owned and operated by international motorcycle legend Malcolm Smith.
About the Job:
SUMMARY: Under General Sales Manager supervision, an experienced vehicle sales consultant is responsible for new vehicle buyer customer experience at Malcolm Smith Motorsports.
SALES CONSULTANT ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Greet customers and introduce them to the dealership
· Assist all customers in making their purchases
· Phone follow up on internet and phone leads
· Assist in organizing vehicle showroom
SALES CONSULTANT EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:Previous experience is beneficial but not necessary.
SALES CONSULTANT EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required; college level degree is a plus
SALES CONSULTANT OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Strong communication and language skills
· Attention to detail
· Moderate to advanced knowledge of motorcycles, watercraft, and ATVs
· Flexibility to switch gears with little notice
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Comfort interacting with a wide range of people and personalities
· Strong follow-up and organization skills
· Positive and enthusiastic attitude
SALES CONSULTANT SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
SALES CONSULTANT CONTACT RESPONSIBILITY:
· Internal: coordinate with other sales persons, and sales managers
· External: all dealership customer
SALES CONSULTANT PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, lift moderately heavy loads, stand and reach above the head. The employee is frequently required to stand and type.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: the showroom can be busy and noisy at times.
Other factors are:
· Professional work environment: business casual dress code, good personal hygiene
Required Pre-Hire Screenings:
· Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
· Social Security Verification
· Drug Screen
PLEASE APPLY BY REPLYING TO THIS AD OR BY CONTACTING TODD BALDWIN @ 951-687-1300
RATE OF PAY IS HOURLY PLUS COMMISSION.
Malcolm Smith Motorsports offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, paid sick and vacation days, and a 401(k) retirement package.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact us.
About Malcolm Smith Motorsports
Malcolm started working for Pappy Motts of Motts' Cycles in San Bernardino when he was fifteen, eventually landing at K&N Motorcycles. He moved up quickly at K&N and eventually bought the dealership from Norm McDonald. He renamed and reopened the relatively modest motorcycle dealer and repair shop in Riverside, California in 1966. During the next 30 years the dealership flourished and expanded into larger locations. After steady growth in the 90's, Malcolm decided that it was once again time to raise the bar and began construction on what was to become the standard for which all other dealerships would be judged. After three years of construction, Malcolm moved his dealership to the current location at 7599 Indiana Avenue near Madison and the 91 freeway. The current location opened November 2006 as Southern California's premier motorsports destination. In 2009, Malcolm Smith Motorsports was named “Number One Dealer in the Country” by Dealernews Magazine…Malcolm had once again won gold.