A premiere motorcycle dealership in the Northwest is currently seeking a Controller. The position requires accounting work of some difficulty and the maintenance of a complete set of accounts and fiscal records for the capture and summarization of financial transactions utilizing a computerized dealership management system. Knowledge of accounting theory, principles and procedures is a position requirement. This is a very hands-on position responsible for the operation of all accounting related features of the dealership management system, the preparation of financial and statistical reports for dealership management.
Key Accounting Processes and Systems
- Adhere to the accounting policies, practices, standards and controls of the dealership and oversee the maintenance of all books and records recording dealership assets, liabilities, ownership investments and revenue and expense transactions.
- Resolve accounting issues as they arise in the daily processing of dealership transactions.
- Reconcile all subsidiary ledgers to general ledger control balances monthly, or more often if needed. In some cases, maintain spreadsheets or other auxiliary sub-ledgers to supplement standard accounting software capabilities.
- Recommend and implement changes to continuously improve systems and financial performance.Cash Management, Receivables, Inventory, Payables & Regulatory Compliance:
- Oversee and monitor preparation of daily bank deposits compiled and reconciled from accounting reports and point of sale cash drawer media for all methods of payment.
- Monitor and manage daily bank reporting and cash positions.
- Monitor, control and insure the timely collection of customer accounts receivable and contracts in transit.
- Manage all aspects of inventory accounting, including valuation, internal controls and reporting procedures.
- Review and finalize all motorcycle sales transactions.
- Process payrolls using accounting software functionality.
- Supervise compliance with motor vehicle regulations, the filing of all required reports, and the remittance of all payments on a timely basis.
- Comply with all taxing authority requirements. Make timely deposits of required sales taxes and file all sales tax returns as required.Auditing, Reporting & Financial Analysis:
- Identify, investigate and correct errors. Audit and resolve any anomalies encountered in daily financial transactions as recorded by others in dealer management system modules, and insure the accuracy of daily transfers of transactions from dealer management system operating modules to the accounting module.
- Manage month-end close process and timing. Prepare and review monthly trial balances, general ledger detail postings, financial statements and other financial reports and statistics. Distribute reviewed financial reports on a timely basis to management together with narrative comments to assist in understanding important results and trends.
- Prepare special financial analyses as needed by management.
- Prepare certain monthly financial and statistical data to be used for Dealer Dashboard.
- Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the workloads of all employees.
- Establish job assignments for all Accounting Department personnel within their skill levels.Commitments:
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, with dignity and extraordinary respect.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all service personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees and owner.
- Handle all business dealings honestly and fairly.
- Reguarly work extended hours for events and deadlines.
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- 4-year degree with a major in accounting is required.
- 6 years minimum experience including at least 2 years of experience as an Accounting Manager for a small or medium size company.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with accounting software, ADP Lightspeed or Talon preferred
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Proficiency using an Internet browser.
- Ability to communicate effectively to resolve problems with other dealership employees, suppliers, dealer representatives and corporate motor company.