Loess Hills Harley-Davidson is one of the fastest growing dealerships in the Midwest. We have a passion for motorcycling and Harley-Davidsons. We have a busy and productive service shop and are seeking an ambitious and friendly full-time/year-round technician. We are a full service dealer for Harley-Davidson.
Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motor vehicles as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Service Department Operations
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
- Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible. Continually improve this “efficiency” skill.
- Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
- Accept work assignments from Service Writer/Manager.
- Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
- Perform service, repair and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
- Assist Service Writer, when requested, with writing up work orders, communication with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
- Notify Service Writer/Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
- After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
- Keep work areas as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
- Maintain technical (PHD and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
2) Customer Service
- Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
- Keep customers’ vehicle cleaner than when it was dropped off.
- Follow up, follow up, and follow up!
3) Abilities required:
- Interact with co-workers, management and a broad customer base;
- Assign jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization;
- Bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools;
- Lift 50+ pounds of material;
- Balance and push a 500+ pound vehicle;
- Manage time effectively;
4) Personal attributes:
- Be honest & trust worthy;
- Be respectful;
- Be flexible;
- Demonstrate sound work ethics;
- Take pride in your work.
About Loess Hills Harley-Davidson
Loess Hills Harley-Davidson is your new Harley destination. You’ll be in hog heaven when you see our 30,000 square foot facility, full of a large selection of new Harley-Davidson bikes, accessories, and top-of-the-line clothing. If you’re in the market for a used bike, we can help you find the perfect pre-owned ride. Plus we take all trades...if it has a title and wheels, we can make you a deal! And if it’s service you’re after, stop in and see one of our service writers, they’ll get you back on the road in no time. Visit Loess Hills Harley-Davidson for bikes, maintenance and all of your Harley-Davidson gear. Your Home In The Hills, Loess Hills Harley-Davidson.