The Buyer is responsible for product selection and market analysis from a distribution perspective. Industry and product knowledge is required.
The Buyer is accountable for forecasting, managing sales and inventory levels. The buyer establishes and maintains good business relations with LeMans’ vendors and suppliers.
· Analyzes products and markets in order to select products from assigned vendors
· Maintains appropriate stock levels
· Forecasts and manages sales and inventory based on historical trends and data
· Manages inventory levels and ensures timely deliveries of products
· Establishes and maintains vendor communications according to a high standards of service
· Procures and maintains documentation related to the assigned product lines
· Establishes and maintains relationships with vendors and suppliers, manages vendor meetings
· Negotiates products and pricing with suppliers and vendors
· Other duties as required and assigned.
· Attends NVP Product Expos
· Performs vendor and supplier Visits
Required Qualifications and Education
· 2-3 years applicable work experience in the Powersports Industry
· Excellent market and product knowledge
· 1-2 years’ experience using forecasting systems/DRPFORECTASTING SYSTEMS/DRP
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft office suites
· Strong business acumen and negotiation skills
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position 7+ hours
· Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, and office machinery
· Must be able to communicate verbally and written
· Must be able to read from a screen
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
LeMans Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. LeMans will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
This company participates in E-Verify
Notice to California Employees and Prospective Employees