Is it time for a change? Looking for an opportunity to be part of a team that will take the service department to the next level?
Legacy Harley-Davidson is currently seeking A & B level technicians to take our service department to that next level and currently have 2 open positions to fill.
“A” level techs up to $35 per billed hour (must be dyno certified).
“B” level techs up to $25 per billed hour (dyno certified preferred).
Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motorcycles in as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality workmanship.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Service Department Operations
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
- Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible. Continually improve this “efficiency” skill. Learn & grow!
- Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
- Accept work assignments from Service Writer/Manager.
- Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
- Perform service, repair and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
- Assist Service Writer, when requested, with work order documentation & details via computer & verbal communication, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
- Notify Service Writer/Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
- After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of work order.
- Keep work areas as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
- Maintain technical (PHD and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
2. Customer Service
- Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
- Keep customers’ vehicle cleaner than when it was dropped of.
3. Other Duties – As assigned.
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Maintain up to date technical qualification (PHD and in store & online training) by completing all training programs assigned by the Service Manager.
- Focus on quality.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Completion of a factory authorized training program such as MMI Service School or equivalent work experience.
- Current Motorcycle license.
- Service Technicians need both basic (provided by Technician) and special tools (provided by the Dealership) to properly diagnose and service our products.
- The noise level in the work environment can be elevated or loud at times.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lift 50 lb. of material.
- Frequently requires the ability to balance and push a full size motorcycle.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Tuesday through Saturday work schedule.