Leatt MX Regional Sales Manager / East
This position is responsible for the Eastern US region power sports account’s achievement of maximum profitability and sales growth in line with company policies, vision and values…Executes sales strategies to grow sales and expand the Regions’ dealer base while contributing to the growth and development of the sales staff.
• Responsible for the Region’s Strategic Management & Financial Planning.
• Oversees the day to day performance of the existing sales representatives currently working in the region.
• In conjunction with the sales representatives, develops, executes, supports and reinforces sales strategies and initiatives to address challenging and complex competitive situations at the territory level.
• Leads the execution of dealer growth plans and uses metrics to monitor progress against goals.
• Prioritizes and allocates resources to attract and retain dealers.
• Manages the development of and adherence to Region’s operating income goals.
• Develops a sales growth plan with the Sales Reps and executes strategies to meet or exceed the plan.
• Recruits, leads and directs Region’s sales team to create economic value through the maximization of sales and profitability which includes:
• Driving sales growth, including targeting new dealers
• Increasing market penetration with existing dealers.
• Is knowledgeable of regional market trends, sales strategies, company initiatives, programs, products and services.
SALES TEAM LEADERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT
• Drives productivity of the sales team members through evaluation of and coaching on proven sales skills, attributes and processes.
• Addresses developmental areas of sales skills, attributes, processes and technical knowledge with each team member.
• Communicates sales strategies and priorities related to new products, proprietary and key products priorities to the team.
• Organizes and leads team meetings to manage sales activities.
• Transfers marketing, merchandising, prospecting and selling skills to team members through training, coaching, ride-alongs with Sales Reps and professional development sessions.
• Ensures successful on-boarding and training of new team members.
• Establishes goals and monitors progress towards the goals.
• Evaluates team members by giving timely and candid feedback and providing appropriate recognition.
• Ensures team is providing dealers with excellent service through direct contact with the regions dealer base.
• Sets examples for team members in areas of selling skills and work habits.
SALES GROWTH AND NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
• Proactively leads the development of sales strategies with the Sales Reps to increase sales and gain market share.
• Supports Sales Reps in targeting, soliciting and securing new business.
• Tracks and reports industry market trends and sales intelligence to the General Manager, including specific recommendations designed to gain market share and increase sales growth.
• Maintains positive dealer relationships by ensuring the exceptional delivery of Leatt dealer services.
• Collaborates with appropriate Leatt resources to maximize efficiencies and provide exceptional customer service.
• 40+ hours per week including some weekends and nights. This is a ½ field, ½ office based position.
• Be available by phone and email during all working hours and some nights and weekends.
• Approximately 8-10 days per month in the field with the sales force (Approximately 8 Months per year).
• Must live within a short commute of a major airport within the Eastern Region and have the ability to travel frequently.
• 4+ years proven sales and leadership abilities within the bicycle, power sports, or action sports industry. Including negotiation and closing skills, with the ability to teach and mentor those skills.
• A Bachelors degree in business or a related field is preferred.
• Must have an in depth understanding and knowledge of the powersports protection industry, competing protection brands, pricing, channels, and culture.
• Goal oriented….must posses an unbeatable drive to achieve, and motivate your team to exceed assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual, as well as category and profitability sales goals.
• Must be able to guide the outside sales team in effective selling strategies. Great with people in person and on the phone, extremely professional, patient and composed. Possess a confident, dynamic, outgoing, positive and fun can-do attitude.
• Must have top level analytical abilities and the ability to develop, run, read and use advanced reporting tools to conduct streamlined and profitable business.
• Have exceptional mathematical skills and a complete understanding of price level computing, margins, costing, discounting and all other business and sales related math.
• Possess excellent computer skills (Microsoft applications, etc) and the ability to quickly learn new technologies and order management / data entry systems.
• Must be comfortable with cross-departmental communication with all levels.
• Adaptable and capable of multi-tasking and thriving in a busy environment, as well as within our team environment on long range future projects.
• Demonstrated leadership ability with excellent teamwork and collaboration skills and the ability to work with minimal immediate supervision.
• Solid decision making and problem solving skills, ability to think on feet, and work on the road a must.
• Prompt, trustworthy, organized, and detail oriented, with solid business ethical values and the ability to maintain utmost confidentiality both inside and outside of the company.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume via the MIJ link below, or email directly to: email@example.com .
No calls, drops-ins, or inquiries please.
We know why you do what you do. And we know that chasing down the Thrill comes at a cost. So, we’ve got you covered. With an ever-evolving range of helmets, body armor, braces, guards, hydration systems, apparel and whatever it takes to keep the Thrill seeker safe.
Yours is a confidence game. And we’re in the business of making sure that you have the confidence to push yourself faster, harder and further than you thought you could go.
Because that’s where the Thrill lies.