Setup and maintain an appealing retail environment and assist all customers with their shopping and purchase of merchandise.
Key Result Areas
• Customer Service
• Clean & efficient Parts and Accessories environment
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Customer Service
• Provide excellence customer service to all of the dealership’s customers.
• Assist Parts and Accessories manager with attaining retail sales and profitability plans in Parts and Accessories.
• Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Develop and share knowledge of all Parts and Accessories merchandise, parts history, and motorcycle service.
• Must possess the ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction.
• Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
• Point out any sales, specials, new merchandise and offer additional product that may compliment the customer purchase.
• Assist customers with determination of Parts and Accessories requirements and research merchandise in catalogues.
• Accept cash & credit card payments for merchandise purchases. Keep cash register accurate.
• Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to excellent customer service.
2. Clean & Efficient P&A Environment
• Receive and process parts from distributors, check merchandise received against purchase invoice, and prepare product for showroom floor.
• Conduct or participate in periodic physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports etc.).
• Ensure merchandise displays are stocked, clean, and appealing to customers.
• Maintain updated customer mailing lists.
• Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for P&A management.
3. Other Duties
• As Assigned
• Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
• Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
• Review all P.A.C.E. tapes and attend training sessions to keep current with P&A merchandising & inventory control topics as assigned by the Parts Manager.
• Demonstrate a professional approach to customer service.
• Accept direction, follow instructions, and work well with other people.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
• Must have ability to get along with a broad customer base.
• Knowledge and experience with servicing of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
• Experience with Point-of-Sale & computerized inventory systems or the ability to quickly learn.
• The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
• Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift 40lbs. of material
• Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
• Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
About Laidlaw's H-D Sales, Inc
Since 1958, Laidlaw's Harley-Davidson's goal has been to make the sport of motorcycling the best investment you can make of your free time. We are committed to providing superior products and service while striving to build quality relationships with our customers.
History of Laidlaw's Harley-Davidson
Laidlaw's Harley-Davidson Sales, Inc. had humble beginnings. Just back from serving in the military, Bob and his young wife purchased the shop from previous owner Johnny Gregurich. Shortly thereafter in 1958, the name was changed to reflect Laidlaw's Harley-Davidson.
Hard work, dedication, attention to detail and a focus on customer satisfaction helped Bob on the inevitable climb to success, and the success of the dealership. The word soon spread that in a small town in the San Gabriel Valley, a person could purchase a motorcycle for a reasonable price, have it worked on by a qualified mechanic, and be treated with common courtesy and consideration in a family run store.
After 44 years in Rosemead, California, Laidlaw's Harley-Davidson is now located in Baldwin Park. The 45,000+ square foot, state-of-the-art building is located at 1919 Puente Avenue in Baldwin Park. The building has 500 feet of store frontage which runs within feet of eastbound Interstate 10 between the Francisquito and Puente Avenue off-ramps. The original store would literally fit inside the service area of the new store. The 70-foot monument sign is difficult to miss. It advertises not only the dealership name, but also that we are a Harley-Davidson Authorized Rental Center.
These days Bob is semi-retired but both his sons, Jerry and Brent, are diligent at keeping up the same standards associated with the Laidlaw family name. Attention to detail and focus on customer satisfaction is still the number one priority.