Under general supervision and in a busy and active office environment, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support specific to the Marketing departments needs. This position will assist Management and staff with a variety of duties which could include meeting scheduling, entering invoices and PO’s, coordinating meeting minutes and ensuring specific tasks are completed in accordance to departmental deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Using SAP system, prepares purchase orders, purchase requisitions, invoices and check requests for processing to the Accounts Payable department.
· Provides support related to accounting or finance tasks, as needed, such as assisting in maintaining the office budget by recording, tracking and processing office expenses. Identifies cost saving opportunities.
· Manages all data, metrics and filing, including hard copies and electronic documents.
· Performs mass mailing for PG&A and marketing material by using the most cost effective shipping means.
· Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously and follows through on issues in a timely manner.
· Assists Human Resources team in various administrative tasks, such as collecting/distributing employee forms, following up with employees on pending items as directed by HR relating to outstanding actions and employee activities.
· Assists departments Management staff in report management and tracking.
· Ensures office operations run smoothly by coordinating various administrative tasks/projects and expediting work results through diligent follow through. Identifies opportunities for process improvement.
· Sorts and distributes incoming/outgoing mail on a daily basis and handles overnight shipments, as required.
· Coordinates and arranges domestic and international travel for staff members, if needed.
· Schedules meetings for staff members and may prepare related meeting materials (Word, PPT, Excel), as needed.
· Keeps accurate Meeting Minutes and communicates agenda and action items when needed.
· Maintains office supplies and equipment by monitoring inventory and placing orders.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally requires a minimum of two to three (2-3) years of experience in an administrative role. Proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Office Suite is preferred. Motorcycle, motorsports or outdoors industry experience is not mandatory, but highly preferred.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Generally requires the ability to demonstrate the following:
· Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
· High degree of tact and professionalism in interpersonal communications and teamwork with internal and/or external customers; pleasant, cordial, team player
· Strong work ethic, productivity, efficiency and attendance
· Adhere to all Company policies/procedures, safety regulations, local/state/ federal employment laws
· Excellent organization and attention to detail
· Strong time management skills
· Multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment
· Flexibility to switch gears with little notice
· Ability to work with different levels of staff and different communication styles
· Prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
· Basic math skills and strong analytical abilities
· Internal and external customer focused
· Self-motivated with ability to use own initiative
Internal: All staff in department, potentially in other offices such as Canada and Ohio. Certain staff such as Accounting Finance, IT, HR, Sales, Marketing, etc.
External: Dealers, office visitors, customers
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when issues need to be escalated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The following physical demands are generally representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, hear and speak; sit, stand and walk; use manual dexterity in hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; kneel, bend and stoop; and.
Ability to lift, move, carry up to 35 pounds
Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer
Able to talk, hear and speak into a telephone
Able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist, squat
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
· Noise in the work environment is generally considered low to moderate.
· Fast-paced environment with multi-level distractions
· Professional, yet casual office work environment
· Ability to work extended hours as required
Required Pre-Hire Screenings:
Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
National Criminal Data Base 7 Years