Under general supervision, the Suspension Technician provides technical support for racing activities.
This position has minimal travel requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Disassembles and assembles suspension assemblies with a high level of accuracy and cleanliness.
- Develops and refines suspension settings for race teams and WP Factory Services.
- Drives support vehicle for amateur and professional races to provide trackside support and services, as needed.
- Drives support vehicle to testing locations on an as needed basis for testing purposes.
- Uses the dyno independently to perform bench tests on shocks and forks.
- Responsible for keeping workshop area and testing vehicle in a clean and professional manner.
- Must use Microsoft office extensively.
- Works closely with other team members for information sharing and fostering new ideas.
- May perform warehouse, shipping & receiving duties.
- Provides customer service & phone support, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally, requires a minimum of 3 (three) years of experience in motorcycle performance work, with a focus on suspension preferred. Required proficiency in suspension components and suspension theory with high aptitude for mathematics. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Must have a valid driver’s license and currently possess (or is able to pass a DOT physical to obtain) a DOT Physical Card.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required. Related technical training, certifications and/or bachelor’s degree are preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in suspension components and suspension theory
- High aptitude for mathematics
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment
- Flexibility to switch gears with little notice
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
- Must be internal and external customer focused
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
- Analytical abilities
- Must be self-motivated with ability to use own initiative
- Ability to ride a motorcycle proficiently and follow company riding policies.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Internal: Technical staff from other intercompany US and European offices.
External: Customers, riders, and vendors.
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise, and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills and determine when issues need to be escalated.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to lift up to 75 pounds 30% daily
Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer 30% daily
Able to hear and speak into a telephone 10% daily
Able to walk, stand, kneel, bend, stoop, twist 90% daily
Able to use hands, wrists, fingers for intricate work 90% daily
Able to drive and/or fly long distance 30% daily
Able to ride a motorcycle <1% daily
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Valid Passport, or ability to acquire a Passport
- Fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual workshop environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
Required Pre-Hire Screenings:
- Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
- National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
- Sex Offender Database
- Social Security Verification
- Driving Record
- Drug Screen