Under general supervision, the Inside Sales Representative acts as the main point of contact for assigned Husqvarna dealerships for sales of motorcycle units, parts, garments and accessories (PG&A). Responsible for maintaining a professional working relationship with dealer staff with the objective of increasing sales. Works at the direction of the VP of Sales to ensure that the Company products and services are being represented in a quality manner for maximum customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as main point of contact for assigned Husqvarna dealerships. Interfaces with dealers and conducts support activities in relation to the sales of motorcycle units, parts, garments and accessories (PG&A), as well as service.
- Responsible for sales planning, sales forecasts, and achieving all sales department quotas.
- Maintains and updates sales data, forecasts and reports.
- Calls on assigned dealers for topics related to unit sales, parts/accessory, and service.
- Establishes a working relationship with Dealer Principals, General Managers, Sales Managers, Parts Managers, Service Managers, and other staff within the dealerships.
- Solicits day-to-day new unit and PG&A orders, provides updates on product availability, and presents new products and programs. Forecasts sales based on dealer purchase history and presents suggested orders.
- Assists dealer staff in placing orders through DealerNet systems.
- Works with internal departments such as Accounting, Dealer Network, and Sales Administration pertaining to sales activities.
- Meets with VP of Sales on a regular basis for guidance, status updates, and to aid in progress in meeting quotas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally requires a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of experience in the motorcycle industry, specifically in sales. Advanced knowledge of motorcycle
industry, history and trends preferred along with familiarity of Husqvarna Motorcycles and related products. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in business related field required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of industry related products/trends and business development
- Knowledge of company products, policies, and procedures
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
- Basic math skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be a team player
- Analytical abilities
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with proficiency and follow company riding policies.
- Professional and confident.
- Flexibility to switch gears with little notice.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative, exercise patience, be dedicated and goal oriented.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Internal: VP of Sale; District Sales Managers; sales administrative support staff; Dealer Network department; Parts, Garments and Accessories department; Executive Management.
External: current and prospective dealers, some direct consumers, contracted consultants
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when issues need to be escalated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds – <5% daily
Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer – 90% daily
Able to hear and speak into a telephone – 60% daily
Able to walk, stand, bend, stoop, twist – 30% daily
Ability to ride a motorcycle – <10%
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Ability to travel as needed. Approximately 10% travel requiredHectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual office work environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
REQURED PREHIRE SCREENINGS:
Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
Social Security Verification
NDOT Drug Screen
Employee Signature Date