Under general supervision, the Sr. Graphic Designer uses software and hand-rendering to design materials that follow the corporate identity guidelines and meet business specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows KISKA Client brands, image and corporate identity guidelines on all graphic design projects.
- Meets and completes projects with Marketing Team to establish a vision for a product or design.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing and purchasing from vendors.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs and evaluating new equipment.
- Adapts online web banner ad campaigns.
- Develops graphic materials for web pages, social media campaigns, event logos, dealerships, internal presentations and reports.
- Works with marketing and sales team to develop promotional programs for dealers/consumers as well as sponsorship decks for motorsports department.
- Works with Event Planner to develop invitations, promotional materials, t-shirt designs and banners for marketing events.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in graphic design. Working knowledge of printing process including sheet and web fed print required. Strong working knowledge of the following platforms: In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Flash, Mac, Final Cut Studio. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of motorcycle industry and trends is a plus
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in marketing or graphic design related field preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be detail oriented
- Must handle feedback well
- Manage tight deadlines and multiple projects while balancing priorities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment
- Flexibility to switch gears with little notice
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet tight deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
- Basic math skills
- Must be internal and external customer focused
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
- Analytical abilities
- Must be self-motivated with ability to use own initiative
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when issues need to be escalated.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds – <5% daily
- Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer – 90% daily
- Able to hear and speak into a telephone – 60% daily
- Able to stand, bend, stoop, twist – 20% daily
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Ability to travel if needed. Travel is minimal in this position.
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual office work environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
Required Pre-Hire Screenings:
- Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
- National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
- Social Security Verification
- Driving Record
- NDOT Drug Screen