Under minimal supervision, the Sales Manager is responsible for sales, controlling sales expenses, and sales reporting for North America. Ensures that the Company’s products, communications and services are being represented in a quality manner for maximum customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales Function Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sales planning, sales forecasts, and achieving all sales department quotas.
- Maintains and updates sales data, forecasts and reports.
- Creates promotional programs to support sales targets and product related initiatives.
- Interfaces with Authorized Centers (AC’s) for sale of WP Products.
- May perform various AC Development duties by supporting the Network Development Team with new AC setups and prospects.
- Meets with Business Development Manager on a regular basis for guidance, status updates, and to aid in progress in meeting quotas.
- Performs market research and analysis. Includes collecting/compiling information, presenting findings to management and making recommendations. Understands and communicates best practices in sales.
- Prepares Sales and Product related presentation decks for both internal and external audiences.
- Using knowledge, skills and experience, contributes ideas for improving sales processes and standards.
- Organizes and participates at event activations and product tests. Interacts with the public, press and industry contacts in representation of the brand. Under minimal supervision, may act as a lead at event activations.
- May include supervisory duties including hiring, firing, scheduling, timecard approvals, performance evaluations, coaching, training, disciplinary actions, task assignment, goal setting and team meetings/communications
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally requires a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in field sales and marketing, preferably in the motorcycle industry. Advanced knowledge of motorcycle industry, history and trends preferred. Preferred candidate has extensive experience with motorcycle dealers unit wholesale and PG&A sales. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Valid motorcycle license is required.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in business related field preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of various accounting and inventory control computer systems
- Advanced ability to plan and conduct training and public relations events
- Knowledge of new products and business development
- Knowledge of Company products, policies and procedures
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
- Basic math skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
- Analytical abilities
- Must be self-motivated with ability to use own initiative
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with proficiency and follow company riding policies.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
Internal: Business Development Manager, Sales and Service Specialist; Technical Staff; Reporting staff; ; KTM Group District Sales Managers; marketing staff, sales administrative support staff; Dealer Development department; Parts, Garments and Accessories department;
External: Current and prospective Authorized Centers, direct consumers, contracted consultants, Media members
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when issues need to be escalated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds – <25% daily
Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer – 75% daily
Able to hear and speak into a telephone – 60% daily
Able to walk, stand, bend, stoop, twist – 30% daily
Ability to ride a motorcycle -<10%
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Ability to travel as needed. Approximately 50% travel required.
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual office work environment
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends, as required
REQURED PREHIRE SCREENINGS:
- Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
- National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
- Social Security Verification
- Driving Record
- NDOT Drug Screen
- Education Verification
- Employment Verification
- And/Or Credit Report