Responsible for providing financial analysis for planning processes and reporting for the KTM North America, as well as for the HQ in Austria.
The FP&A Senior Analyst will be accountable for his or her own functional area, as well as support the development of broad objectives. In this role, the incumbent will work directly with the CFO, Controller and Senior Financial Analyst being involved in short and long-term planning, the close process as well as in ad-hoc analysis and hence bring their contribution to the overall business strategy. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an international organization and environment covering different finance processes, as well as to gain exposure to working with the international HQ of the institution. The successful candidate will be a key contributor helping the Company attain its financial goals.
Under general supervision, the Senior Financial Analyst will assist in the preparation, presentation and monitoring of all financial reports, expenditures, income statements, balance sheets, and other special reports required for the management of Company operations. He / she will assist in the financial management of departmental activities that include cash flow controls for receipts and disbursements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with the CFO and Controller, as well as with all other functional departments to analyze and report financial performance. Develop monthly, quarterly and year over year variance reporting and analysis. Prepare monthly decks for senior management discussions.
- Support CFO in the business forecasting cycle.
Support CFO and senior management on budgeting and reporting issues relative to revenue drivers, overhead allocation, and operating metrics.
- Support close process
- Generate ideas on action plans to improve profitability and cash generation as well as corrective action plans as needed.
- Contribute to design, development, and implementation of performance and profitability reporting and drive visibility into financial performance.
- Contribute to implementation and standardization of key operating processes.
- Launch KPIs dashboards allowing for measurement of performance in all areas of the organization. Support CFO in launching and operationalizing management reports to senior management for specific areas as assigned and analyzing variances to budget.
- Ensure accurate and timely data availability as well as insightful and thorough data analytics.
- Ensures timely and accurate filing of all US and CAN state, federal, and sales/use taxes.
- Assists and leads in the management of all audit, tax, and other financial related consulting service activities.
- Provide financial analysis and insight to support additional special projects as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally, requires a minimum of three to five (3-5) years of progressively responsible experience in finance, reporting, accounting and/or related field. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills. Oracle Essbase, Smartview and Planning are a plus. ERP systems knowledge in SAP is a plus.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in finance or equivalent experience in related field preferred. CPA, MBA or Big 4 experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of accounting practices, procedures, and requirements (IFRS and US-GAAP)
- Highly motivated, focused and results oriented
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail. Proven analytical skills and the ability to synthesize conclusions clearly
- Fact based approach and willing to understand the detail of the business and its transactions
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues. Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines. Flexibility to switch gears with little notice
- Maintain composure under high stress conditions
- Ability to be optimistic, positive and supportive in all interactions with others
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
- Sound communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with operating management, with a strong service orientation. Capable to explain issues and recommend solutions.
- Pro-active, self-motivated and action oriented
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
Internal: collaborate with all departments within the Company (local and HQ), all levels of Company staff from line to executive
External: financial and tax auditors and consultants
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when issues need to be escalated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. And:
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds <5% daily
- Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer 90% daily
- Able to hear and speak into a telephone 60% daily
- Able to stand, bend, stoop, twist 20% daily
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Ability to travel if needed. Travel is minimal (<5 % annually) in this position.
- Fast-paced, with multiple demands environment
- Professional, yet casual office work environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
REQURED PREHIRE SCREENINGS:
- Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
- National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
- Social Security Verification
- Driving Record
- NDOT Drug Screen
- Education Verification
- Employment Verification
- And/or Credit Report