Under general supervision, the Sales Planning Analyst works with Sales Administration and the Sales Management executive team to support sales planning, order management, and analysis in the wholesale channel. Establishes, streamlines, and improves analytics and procedures through the department and supports best practices in reporting and communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using own skills and expertise, creates and maintains a variety of complex reports (forecast, sales opportunities, sales results, inventory analysis, supply chain activities, etc.). Supports reporting to executive staff.
- Provides analytical and process support using deep knowledge of data analytics. Includes forecasting, sales performance metrics, sales trends, data reconciliations and other key business related activities, providing key visibility and insights to assess and improve business results.
- Provides coordination of Sales Planning process, including monitoring, coordinating and executing key planning milestones.
- Collaborates with sales management in creating product allocations for sales programs. Reviews and analyzes inventory levels, availability and allocations needed to meet sales objectives.
- Provides general analysis of data in order to make recommendations to resolve gaps.
- Works with the sales teams to provide support in ad-hoc requests/activities (reporting, forecasting, opportunity management, fulfillment, general issues/questions, etc.).
- Collaborates and maintains close working relationship with Austrian planning team through regular communication (scheduled and daily, as needed).
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy, timeliness, adherence to deadlines, identifying flaws and errors in the data and any upstream data issues.
- Understands business needs to identify, develop, and implement enhancements to reporting and analytical deliverables.
- Supports the implementation of enabling technologies, including CRM/ERP and business intelligence tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally requires a minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of sales planning and/or administrative support, preferably in the motorsports or automotive fields. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel. Experience with SAP and Business Warehouse preferred.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Superior attention to detail
- Very high level of quality and accuracy in reporting
- High level of follow through and follow up to ensure completion of assignments.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment
- Flexibility to switch gears with little notice
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
- Math skills with emphasis on Algebra and Probability
- Must be internal and external customer focused
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
- Analytical abilities
- Must be self-motivated with ability to use own initiative
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Internal: Sales department staff and management; most other departments within the company
External: All vendors relating to on-going KTM Group business
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when issues need to be escalated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. And:
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds <5% daily
- Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer 90% daily
- Able to hear and speak into a telephone 60% daily
- Able to stand, bend, stoop, twist 20% daily
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Other factors are:
- Ability to travel if needed. Travel is minimal in this position.
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual office work environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
REQURED PREHIRE SCREENINGS:
- Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
- National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
- Social Security Verification
- Driving Record
- NDOT Drug Screen