Under general supervision, the Media Relations Technical Specialist is responsible for providing the highest level of technical service for motorcycle and media relations equipment set-up, maintenance and reconditioning. Interacts with press or media by conducting presentations, providing product information, answering questions, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures that the motorcycle product is ready and specifically prepared to KTM/Husqvarna/GasGas standards and requirements for media tests or events. Includes uncrating/crating motorcycles, technically preparing motorcycles for media use, completing general maintenance and service work on motorcycles and reconditioning motorcycles for resale.
· May assist Media Manager, as needed, in conducting presentations and delivering KTM/Husqvarna/GasGas products information to the press or media outlets. Includes interacting with media at press events and races by answering questions, addressing requests, providing product information, providing and/or coordinating any needed technical services for testers, etc. Represents the Company externally and acts as positive role model for the brand.
· Reviews and studies all product marketing information with goal of becoming a product expert in order to intelligently answer questions and cover information with the press and media.
· Assists Marketing Department and others by providing event support, as needed.
· Maintains work areas and tools in a clean and appropriate manner. Calibrates and maintains all necessary test equipment in the proper manner.
· Assists in maintaining parts inventory to ensure complete service capability.
· Prepares required reports for motorcycle preparation, servicing, repairs, warranties and reconditioning. Records problems and issues.
· Completes new product technical training required to meet technical service and product needs.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally requires a minimum of one (1) year experience in motorcycle service or equivalent training certification. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Valid motorcycle license required.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required. Advanced degree or technical related education preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn and operate KTM/Husqvarna/GasGas technical diagnostic tools
- Strong mechanical aptitude and skills
- Knowledge of motorcycle industry, technologies, regulations and performance issues
- Knowledge of company product performance and servicing technologies
- Valid vehicle operator license and motorcycle license
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment
- Flexibility to stop one task to start another as needed
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
- Basic math skills
- Must be internal and external customer focused
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
- Analytical abilities
- Must be self-motivated with ability to use own initiative
- Ability to ride a motorcycle proficiently and follow company riding policies.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Internal: Media Relations Manager, Media Relations Technicians, Product Development Manager
External: Media Test Riders, Media Vendors, KTM/Husqvarna/GasGas Consumers
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when issues need to be escalated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. And:
Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer
Able to hear and speak into a telephone
Able to walk, stand, kneel, bend, stoop, twist
Able to drive and/or fly long distance
Able to drive a motorcycle
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Other factors are:
· Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
· Professional, yet casual work environment
· Ability to work extended hours and weekends as required
· Ability to travel, as needed. Travel is approximately 30% in this position
Required Pre-Hire Screenings:
Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
Social Security Verification
NDOT Drug Screen