Under general supervision, the Media Relations Technical Assistant is responsible for providing support and assistance to the Technical Specialist during motorcycle and media relations equipment set-up, maintenance and reconditioning. With direction from the Media Manager, ensures that the motorcycle product is ready and specifically prepared to KTM standards for media tests or events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Retains general knowledge of product marketing information to support the team with information and guidelines when possible. Knowledgeable enough to cover information with the press and media as a backup
- Collaborates with Marketing Department and others by providing event support, as needed.
- Drives from different locations in order to perform motorcycle part setup
- Maintains work areas and tools in a clean and appropriate manner. Calibrates and maintains all necessary test equipment in the proper manner.
- Assists in maintaining parts inventory to ensure complete service capability.
- Provides support when uncrating/crating motorcycles, technically preparing motorcycles for media use, completing general maintenance and service work on motorcycles and reconditioning motorcycles for resale.
- Prepares required reports for motorcycle preparation, servicing, repairs, warranties and reconditioning. Records problems and issues.
- Completes new product technical training required to meet technical service and product needs.
- May assist Media Manager, as needed, delivering product information to media outlets. Includes interacting with media at press events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally requires a minimum of one (1) year experience in motorcycle service or equivalent training certification. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Valid motorcycle license required.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn and operate KTM technical diagnostic tools
- Strong mechanical aptitude and skills
- Knowledge of motorcycle industry, technologies, regulations and performance issues
- Knowledge of company product performance and servicing technologies
- Valid vehicle operator license and motorcycle license
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment
- Flexibility to stop one task to start another as needed
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
- Basic math skills
- Must be internal and external customer focused
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
- Analytical abilities
- Must be self-motivated with ability to use own initiative
- Ability to ride a motorcycle proficiently and follow company riding policies.
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when issues need to be escalated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. And:
Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer
Able to hear and speak into a telephone
Able to walk, stand, kneel, bend, stoop, twist
Able to drive and/or fly long distance
Able to ride a motorcycle
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Other factors are:
· Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
· Professional, yet casual work environment
· Ability to work extended hours and weekends as required
· Ability to travel, as needed. Travel is approximately 10% in this position
Required Pre-Hire Screenings:
Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
Social Security Verification
NDOT Drug Screen