Under general supervision, the Factory Services Technician provides a high level of technical service and equipment maintenance to support the Factory Services team riders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Rebuilds and maintains race and practice motors.
· Keep manager updated on any problems or concerns with motor parts.
· Maintains work areas and tools in a clean and appropriate manner.
· Keeps parts staff informed on any shortages or parts concerns.
· Prepares required reports and completes Build Sheet forms on all work carried out, related measurements, etc.
· Dyno tests all motors after any work has been done on motor file dyno run with Build Sheet.
· Calibrates and maintains all necessary test equipment in the proper manner.
· Completes any new product training required to meet rider technical service and product needs.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally requires a minimum of one (1) to two (2) years experience in race motor service or equivalent training certification. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Valid motorcycle license required.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required. Advanced degree in business or technical related field preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong mechanical aptitude and skills
- Knowledge of motorcycle industry, technologies, regulations and performance issues
- Knowledge of company product performance and servicing technologies
- Valid vehicle operator license
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment
- Flexibility to switch gears with little notice
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
- Basic math skills
- Must be internal and external customer focused
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
- Analytical abilities
- Must be self-motivated with ability to use own initiative
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with proficiency and follow company riding policies.
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when issues need to be escalated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer
Able to hear and speak into a telephone
Able to walk, stand, kneel, bend, stoop, twist
Able to drive and/or fly long distance
Able to ride a motorcycle
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
Required Pre-Hire Screenings:
Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
Social Security Verification
NDOT Drug Screen