The Assistant Controller will be responsible for the preparation of accounting records and financial reporting and overseeing the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable departments.
This position will work directly with the Controller and CFO as well as cross-departmentally to support the organization and design and maintain internal controls. The Assistant Controller will play a key role in the month end close process and in preparation for audits. He / she will assist in the financial management of departmental activities that include cash flow controls for receipts and disbursements. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an international organization and environment covering different finance processes, as well as to gain exposure to working with the international HQ of the institution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the balance sheet reconciliation process and work with the finance and accounting team to identify and rectify any imbalances or inaccuracies.
- Play a key role in preparation for all audits, including coordinating activities, reviewing and preparing information provided
- Manage the Accounts Payable function, ensuring accurate and timely processing of invoices and playing an active role in the disbursement process.
- Manage the Accounts Receivable function ensuring that all receipts are properly applied and assisting with the analysis of accounts receivable and any related reserves.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and streamline processes
- Partner closely with the Controller and FP&A team to coordinate the month end process and ensure proper review of the financial statements and reporting.
- Record cash inflows and outflows in the financial statements and assist with cash reporting and cash flow projections on a regular basis.
- Prepare month end and ad hoc financial reporting and analysis as required for business activity, cost analysis and project management.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Accounting team at KTM headquarters on accounting transactions and to ensure alignment with corporate policies.
- Ensures timely and accurate filing of all US and Canada state and federal, income and sales/use taxes.
- Responsible for supervisory duties including scheduling, time card approvals (when needed), performance evaluations, coaching, training, disciplinary actions, task assignment, goal setting and team meetings/communications with partnership of Human Resources.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally, requires a minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance and/or reporting. Prior supervisory experience a plus. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills. ERP systems knowledge in SAP is a plus.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in finance or equivalent experience in related field required. CPA, MBA or Big 4 experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of accounting practices, procedures, and requirements (IFRS and US-GAAP)
- Wide knowledge of business management, accounting and general financial computer systems
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high morals, ethical and personal values in decision making
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and the ability to analyze and resolve problems within their own and their teams work
- Knowledge of analytical methodologies, internal controls, accounting and tax regulations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly motivated, focused and results oriented
- Fact based approach and willing to understand the detail of the business and its transactions
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues. Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines. Flexibility to switch gears with little notice
- Maintain composure under high stress conditions
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
- Sound communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with operating management, with a strong service orientation.
- Capable to explain issues and recommend solutions.
- Pro-active, self-motivated and action oriented
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes. Manage and oversee daily responsibilities of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. And:
Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, <5% daily
Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer, 90% daily
Able to hear and speak into a telephone, 60% daily
Able to stand, bend, stoop, twist, 20% daily
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
· Ability to travel if needed. Travel is minimal (<5 % annually) in this position.
· Fast-paced, with multiple demands environment
· Professional, yet casual office work environment
· Ability to work extended hours as required
REQUIRED PREHIRE SCREENINGS:
· Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
· National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
· Social Security Verification
· Driving Record
· NDOT Drug Screen
· Education Verification
· Employment Verification
· And/or Credit Report