Under minimal supervision, the District Sales Manager is responsible for sales, dealer development and management, controlling sales expenses, and sales reporting within a specified geographic area. Works at the direction of the National Sales Manager to ensure that the Company products and services are being represented in a quality manner for maximum customer satisfaction. Location – East Great Lakes Region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for sales planning, sales forecasts, and achieving all sales department quotas.
- Maintains and updates sales data, forecasts and reports.
- Interfaces with dealers for sale of units, PG&A, and service.
- May perform various Dealer Network duties by identifying potential new dealers, dealers for performance improvement, to fill open spots, or to be terminated.
- Meets with NSM on a regular basis for guidance, status updates, and to aid in progress in meeting quotas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally, requires a minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of experience in field sales, preferably in the motorcycle industry. Advanced knowledge of motorcycle industry, history and trends preferred. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Valid motorcycle license is required.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in business related field required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of various accounting and inventory control computer systems
- Advanced ability to plan and conduct training and public relations events
- Knowledge of new products and business development
- Knowledge of Company products, policies and procedures
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
- Basic math skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
- Analytical abilities
- Must be self-motivated with ability to use own initiative
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with proficiency and follow company riding policies.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Internal: National Sales Manager; District Sales Managers; sales administrative support staff; Dealer Network department; Parts, Garments and Accessories department; Executive Management.
External: Current and prospective dealers, some direct consumers, contracted consultants
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise, and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills and determine when issues need to be escalated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds <25% daily
Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer 75% daily
Able to hear and speak into a telephone 60% daily
Able to walk, stand, bend, stoop, twist 30% daily
Ability to ride a motorcycle <10%
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Ability to travel as needed. Approximately 50% travel required.
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual office work environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required