KTM Canada, Inc. – a subsidiary of KTM AG, a global leader in the off-road motorcycle competition segment and developer and producer of street as well as off-road motorcycles – has an exciting opportunity for a Field Support Representative for western Canada and based out of British Columbia or Alberta.
Under limited supervision, the Field Support Representative provides dealer technical support, trackside support and service to enhance product performance and product quality. Plans for and ensures that appropriate resources are utilized to provide the highest level of dealer/customer technical service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Travels across western Canada (Road and air travel) to provides field dealer technical support with limited supervision. Expected to make good sound business decisions, within realm of responsibility, during dealer visits and when assisting dealers with technical issues.
· Provides dealer support through dedicated company communication channels while documenting case details and updates in a CRM software.
· Provides support to company events by assisting with assembly of product, display preparation and on-site general support. Some events include dealer shows, MMIC show(s), Amateur Racing Support, Ride Orange events and other requested Marketing and Sales events.
· Conducts dealer visits and other company support tasks:
· New and existing dealer training (Ex.: B2B website, Specific company procedures, Diagnostic tool, Feature and Benefits, etc.)
· Dealer audits (Shop Standards, Warranty audits, etc.)
· Unit reconditioning and special project
· Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally, requires a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in automotive or motorsports industry. Mechanical and technical field experience. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Valid motorcycle license is required.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment
· Flexibility to switch gears with little notice
· Excellent organization skills
· Excellent customer service and follow up skills
· Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
· Basic math skills
· Must be internal and external customer focused
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
· Analytical abilities
· Must be self-motivated with ability to use own initiative
· Ability to ride a motorcycle with proficiency and follow company riding policies.
· French speaking is an advantage.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Internal: Dealer/ Customer service team in Canada/ USA, Parts support team at the distribution center and other Canadian staff and departments.
External: Dealers and Customers.
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills and determine when issues need to be escalated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to lift 75 to 90 pounds
Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer
Able to hear and speak into a telephone
Able to walk, stand, kneel, bend, stoop, twist
Able to use arms and hands
Able to ride a motorcycle
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
· Extensive travel is required; approximately 75 % travel in this position.
· Ability to work extended hours and weekends, as required
· Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
· Professional, yet casual office work environment
Required Pre-Hire Screenings:
Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
Sex Offender Registry
Social Security Verification
NDOT Drug Screen
RATE OF PAY IS BASED ON EXPERIENCE.
About KTM North America
KTM is a global leader in the off-road motorcycle competition and developer and producer of street motorcycles.