Under close supervision, the Parts Distribution Specialist receives incoming parts and materials, checks for incoming order accuracy and quality, and stores the items in the appropriate locations. Retrieves parts and materials based upon customer order input and ensures that ordered items are packaged and shipped to the appropriate location. Ensure that all documentation is completed and processed accurately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identifies the ordered parts or materials
• Retrieves the parts or materials
• Packages the parts or materials
• Ships the parts or materials
• Reviews and approves incoming inventory items
• Stocks inventory items
• Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally requires a minimum of six (6) months of experience in a warehouse, shipping/receiving or similar environment. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment
• Flexibility to switch gears with little notice
• Excellent organization skills
• Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
• Basic math skills
• Must be internal and external customer focused
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
• Analytical abilities
• Must be self-motivated with ability to use own initiative
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when issues need to be escalated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to lift up to 45 pounds 50% daily
Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer 10% daily
Able to hear and speak into a telephone 60% daily
Able to stand, bend, stoop, twist 50% daily
The noise in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other factors are:
• Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
• Professional, yet casual office work environment
• Ability to work extended hours as required
Required Pre-Hire Screenings:
Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
Social Security Verification
NDOT Drug Screen