Under general supervision, the Dealer Services Representative is responsible for assisting dealers and customers with all technical and selected parts questions through the dealer only 800 phone line. Provides dealer technical support and parts support to the Company’s dealer network. Ensures that appropriate resources are utilized to provide the highest level of dealer/customer technical service and parts support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides the highest level of technical dealer support and retail customer support via phone line and other communication channels.
- Provides parts support to dealers concerning warranty, RMA’s and product fitment. Includes gathering information, going through the review process, and making a determination regarding plan of action for each situation.
- Enters all calls and related information into the Call Center system.
- Travels to dealerships when necessary for troubleshooting, technical assistance and customer service activities. May involve light mechanical work, as needed. Coordinates dealer visits with Field Support Representatives, as needed.
- Potentially travels to assigned events/activities and provides general assistance as needed. Examples may include Dealer Show’s, KJSXC, amateur events, Ride Orange events, etc.
- Attends new product training and/or customer service meetings.
- Evaluates warranty claims for all product concerns including motorcycle and parts; makes sound decisions on warranty requests based on judgment and/or related warranty criteria.
- Provides assistance to other departments as required.
- Maintains work areas and tools in a clean, appropriate and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally requires a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the motorcycle industry. Prior mechanical/technical experience strongly preferred. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field preferred and/or MMI or VOTEC graduate.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and follow up skills
- Mechanical/technical understanding and abilities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment
- Flexibility to switch gears with little notice
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
- Basic math skills
- Must be internal and external customer focused
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
- Analytical abilities
- Valid vehicle and motorcycle operator’s license
- Must be self-motivated with ability to use own initiative
Internal: Customer service and Dealer Service Team, Parts Dept., Sales and Marketing
External: Dealers; Customers, parents and kids at Amateur events.
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when issues need to be escalated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer
Able to hear and speak into a telephone
Able to walk, stand, kneel, bend, stoop, twist
Able to drive and/or fly long distance
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Ability to travel if needed. Travel is minimal in this position. Travel may take place on weekends, as required.
- Demanding, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual office work environment
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends, as required
- Required Pre-Hire Screenings:
- Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
- National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
- Driving Record
- NDOT Drug Screen