Position Title: Brand Development Manager
Position Type: Full-time Salary
Reports To: Director of Powersports
Kenda Tire is a leading manufacturer of wheels and tires for ATV, bicycle, golf, industrial, light truck, mobility, motorcycle, passenger car, trailer, and utility applications. In addition to a comprehensive portfolio of Kenda brand retail products, we supply fleet volumes of wheels and tires to some of the largest vehicle manufacturers in the world. Our Reynoldsburg, Ohio location is the site of Kenda USA, which manages all aspects of Kenda’s North American operations.
The Powersports (motorcycle, ATV, SxS) division of Kenda USA is a tight-knit, pragmatic, high-energy crew. Many of us have a passion for riding, racing, and wrenching. We work hard and play harder. Our division has experienced substantial growth and we’re seeking an enthusiastic new member of the team to grow and learn with us.
In this role you will grow the reach of the Kenda brand by utilizing and optimizing the 5P strategy (product, price, promotion, place, and people). You will lead roadmapping of the division’s annual promotional spend including product marketing, content creation, and affiliate management. You will quickly become known as the face of the Kenda brand in a variety of environments including some of the most high-profile Powersports races, recreational events and trade shows nationwide. You will create and execute multichannel sales and marketing strategies that maximize customer engagement and drive growth of the Kenda brand, facilitating collaboration between creative teams and division management. You will define the division’s consumer-facing promotion strategy by building relationships with a host of top-tier dealers, promoters, riders and influencers, and use the insights gained to grow the reach of the Kenda brand. If you have the requisite skills and are looking to grow within the coolest department of a well-established global manufacturer, we are excited to talk with you.
· Creating comprehensive brand marketing strategies, defining program KPIs, building tactical roadmaps that guide day-to-day brand-building activities
· Short and mid-term planning of promotional and marketing activities and associated budgets
· Managing creative teams in creation and distribution of promotion, copy, photo, and video content
· Coordinating PR, editorial, and social campaigns in cooperation with media reps and influencers
· Nurturing open communication channels with partner dealers, athletes, media, promoters, and vendors
· Managing orders and stateside inventory to support these partners
· Soliciting, cataloging, and distilling rider-level product feedback in cooperation with product development and engineering teams
· Logistical planning of workforce, product, and promotional material for events
· ‘Boots on the ground’ activations at locations across the country
· Managing, growing, and refining Kenda’s Partnerships & Sponsorships program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
· 3+ years’ sales and/or marketing experience, Powersports industry background preferred
· Familiarity with the Powersports industry, major manufacturers, aftermarket P&A brands
· Base level knowledge of campaign tools like Google Ads and Analytics
· Intermediate level Excel experience (pivot tables, lookups, etc)
· Comfort working cohesively with multiple external groups simultaneously
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and processes, and multitask when necessary
· Self-motivated, organized, and effective manager of time
· Respect for, and ability to adhere to, firm deadlines
Position Type & Expected Work Hours:
This is a salary exempt position. Typical work hours are Mon-Fri, 40 hours per week. Up to 25% travel required. There may be periods when working more than 40 hours in a given week is required.
· Ability to work in varied environments such as office, warehouse, WFH, and at events
· Ability and willingness to travel at least once per month
· Ability and willingness to work outdoors in variable weather conditions
· Ability to drive long distances and/or travel via commercial airplane as needed
· Ability to lift 50 lb. from ground
The description above is not designed as a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and/or responsibilities required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change.
Perks & Benefits:
· Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, critical care insurance, and accident insurance
· 401(k) retirement program with employer match
· Paid holidays vacation time
· Kenda-sponsored team ticket lottery program
· Employee purchase pricing on auto, power sport, and bicycle tires
Kenda is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
About Kenda Tires
On the road, on the trail or on the racetrack, you can count on Kenda quality. Our tires are engineered for performance and value across a wide range of interests and applications. See why Kenda is the right choice.