Job Title: Technician I
Location: Akron, Ohio
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Email CV / Resumes to: Lglover@KendaUSA.com
This is a multifunction position consisting of; Motocross / Off-Road motorcycle tire test evaluator, Motorcycle maintenance technician, and tire testing laboratory technician. Duties will also include filling in as needed in other work areas of the facility.
The ideal candidate would have racing experience in MX and/or off-road racing such as GNCC at the A class level as minimum. Candidate should be capable of evaluating various tire performance characteristics between different tires and communicating feedback to engineers. Candidate would also be required to complete mechanical maintenance on Kenda’s off-road motorcycles.
1. Conduct on-vehicle testing of MX and Off-road tires.
2. Complete test evaluation sheets summarizing performance characteristics of each tire tested
3. Maintenance MX and Off-road motorcycles
4. Maintain motorcycle shop
5. Safely perform tests on laboratory tires
6. Mount and balance tire / wheel assemblies
7. Mount tires on vehicles in support of various ride studies
8. Perform general support work in the office as assigned by testing engineers, senior level technicians or management
9. Perform data entry tasks as needed in support of tire testing requirements
10. Travel to appropriate test tracks to conduct testing
1. High School minimum, prefer Associate Degree or higher
2. 10 plus years MX and other Off-Road motorcycles riding experience (racing experience preferred)
3. 5 plus years experience riding other types of Powersports vehicles (ATV/UTV, street bikes, etc); preferred but not necessary
4. 5 plus years MX and Off-Road motorcycle maintenance experience
5. Tire evaluation experience preferred but not necessary
6. 0~3 years’ experience in testing or technical environment
7. Safety conscience
8. Proficient in using spreadsheets
9. Able to work in US
10. Willing to travel within US (possibly Asia if required)
11. Lifting of tires and / or tire wheel assemblies will be required as part of this job
About Kenda Tires
On the road, on the trail or on the racetrack, you can count on Kenda quality. Our tires are engineered for performance and value across a wide range of interests and applications. See why Kenda is the right choice.