Are you looking for an organization that empowers its team members to learn, grow, and make a genuine impact? At Kawasaki, we offer this and so much more.
We have an immediate opening for a District Sales Manager in the West Virginia and Virginia Region.
This position develops and maintains a dealer network to sell Kawasaki’s line of vehicles by assuring fair and complete Kawasaki product representation in the West Virginia and Virginia Region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travels within assigned territory to call on existing and potential new dealer prospects.
- Solicits dealers for the wholesale of vehicles, parts and accessories.
- Ensures dealership personnel are aware/taking advantage of all of Kawasaki’s dealer support programs.
- Provides ongoing product and sales training to dealer network and confirms dealership personnel are participating in Kawasaki’s online training courses.
- Confirming Kawasaki’s brand identification and products are on display and are at least equal to any other brands carried.
- Verifies that dealers operate and adhere to the policies set forth in Kawasaki’s Sales and Service agreement.
- Attends corporate meetings, trade shows and supports local events within assigned territory.
- Ensures dealership use of Kawasaki advertising materials and Kawasaki supplied co-op dollars.
- Completes various reports, including expense reports, dealer call reports and field reports to help keep the corporate office in the loop regarding competitive information, market conditions and industry trends within assigned territory.
- Prospects targeted areas within the district with a goal of a new dealer establishment.
- Follows up with new dealer prospects that have reached out to Kawasaki and determines outcome.
- Assists and advises new dealer prospects with Kawasaki’s application process and during startup process.
- Initiates recommendations for dealer improvement activities or termination procedures.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent from four-year college is preferred; High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is mandatory; and minimum two years related experience and/or training in a sales environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully prioritize and organize multiple, competing tasks.
- Extremely detail and deadline oriented.
- Brings energy and enthusiasm to group or team efforts.
- Able to trailer a vehicle (including the loading and unloading of demo units).
- Must have or be willing to get a motorcycle endorsement on driver’s license.
- Skillset to develop and maintain strong relationships with dealer principals and all staff members is required.
- Solid knowledge and experience working with Microsoft’s Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access software.
- Approximate percentage of travel required: 75%
Your health and wellness are important to you – and to us. That’s why we provide a comprehensive benefits program designed for you (and your family) in mind.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Generous Time off
- Educational Assistance
- Ongoing training and development
- Team member product purchase program
About Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. (KMC) markets and distributes Kawasaki motorcycles, ATVs, side x sides and Jet Ski ® watercraft through a network of almost 1,100 independent retailers, with close to an additional 7,400 retailers specializing in general purpose engines. Kawasaki and its affiliates employ nearly 3,100 people in the United States, with approximately 260 of them located at our Foothill Ranch, CA headquarters. We’re proud to say that Kawasaki has a great reputation in the industry, strong brand recognition, exemplary quality, and excellent customer service.