Are you looking for an organization that empowers its team members to learn, grow, and make a genuine impact? At Kawasaki, we offer this and so much more. We have an immediate opening for a Product Support Specialist. This position provides technical and customer support to Kawasaki’s dealer network for warranty and service issues pertaining to the entire KMC product line primarily via the telephone. This is a Hybrid work position requiring a minimum of 3 days a week in office attendance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to and resolves dealer questions and/or problems in a professional manner. Accurately documents each call in computer system.
- Gathers data for Quality Assurance and Warranty departments.
- Maintains current knowledge of KMC product line and quickly learns all technical information on new products.
- Researches diagnostic procedures. Assists dealer technicians with diagnostic procedures.
- Assists in improving KMC dealer relations by providing solid customer service and expert technical knowledge.
- Authorizes warranties. Determines whether technical problem will be covered by KMC warranty.
- Provides additional coverage where appropriate to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is mandatory; and ten+ years of mechanical related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to successfully prioritize and organize multiple, competing tasks.
- Must be extremely detail and deadline oriented.
- Must bring energy and enthusiasm to group or team efforts.
- Must be able to collaborate with other departments to provide an outcome that is beneficial to both KMC and its customers.
- Kawasaki dealership technician and service management experience is preferred, but not required.
- Must maintain valid Motorcycle License
- Must exhibit calm under pressure especially when trying to solve difficult technical questions and/or problems.
- Must also demonstrate patience in problem situations.
- Must have an understanding of Microsoft’s Word and Excel software. Keyboarding/typing skills required and must be able to learn to use various software programs in order to successfully perform the job.
- Extended travel, up to several weeks at a time may be required.
Your health and wellness are important to you – and to us. That’s why we provide a comprehensive benefits program designed for you (and your family) in mind.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Generous Time off
- Educational Assistance
- Ongoing training and development
- Team member product purchase program
About Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. (KMC) markets and distributes Kawasaki motorcycles, ATVs, side x sides and Jet Ski ® watercraft through a network of almost 1,100 independent retailers, with close to an additional 7,400 retailers specializing in general purpose engines. Kawasaki and its affiliates employ nearly 3,100 people in the United States, with approximately 260 of them located at our Foothill Ranch, CA headquarters. We’re proud to say that Kawasaki has a great reputation in the industry, strong brand recognition, exemplary quality, and excellent customer service.