This position is responsible for the technical and logistical support to Kawasaki Team Green’s racing activities. The Team Green Racing Technician manages the complete preparation, maintenance and enhancement of motorcycles for specific Team Green riders. The Team Green Racing Technician will establish consistent procedures used by all technicians assembling motorcycles to ensure only the highest quality motorcycles are prepared.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares motorcycles for practice, test and racing purposes, including engine and chassis building.
- Establishes and maintains strategic business relationships with after-market and performance companies and maintains current knowledge and understanding of all competitive data and practices.
- Diagnoses malfunction in equipment; ensures motorcycles and engines are built and maintained up to exact specifications.
- Follows procedures used by all technicians to assemble motorcycles and engines to ensure the highest quality standards are maintained.
- Maintains detailed service records for each racing motorcycle.
- Maintains strong relationships with specific riders and works to improve cooperation and communication to achieve set goals.
- Interprets data from on board data loggers to look for problems and generate solutions; listens to rider feedback to assess further modifications or to diagnose problems.
- Makes informed decisions and takes decisive action towards implementing changes in the use of equipment to increase efficiency and performance of the racing motorcycle.
- Maintains accurate data regarding each motorcycles performance during each test and race; creates specifications sheets and generates reports.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding all company information, product technology, research and development components, etc.
- Exercises the highest degree of safety when operating all equipment and machinery; reports any injuries or unsafe working conditions to management.
- Must be able to manage and complete multiple projects in a timely manner with excellent quality and attention to detail.
- Assists all Team Green staff with training and troubleshooting; Encourages troubleshooting and communication skills of Team Green staff to provide superior service to the Kawasaki racers, dealers and customers.
- Serves as liaison to the motocross race team, KMC, KHI and all associated vendors to the racing program.
- Builds and fosters a positive and professional working environment at all times and works to improve cooperation and communication to achieve goals.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; and minimum four years related experience and/or training in motorcycle racing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MMI or equivalent preferred.
Skills & Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Solid knowledge and experience working with Microsoft’s Word, Excel, Lotus Notes and FI software packages.
- Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully prioritize and organize multiple, competing tasks.
- Must be extremely detail and deadline oriented.
- Brings energy and enthusiasm to group or team efforts.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge and experience working with 2 stroke and 4 stroke machines including EFI tuning.
- Must be able to work successfully and achieve objectives under minimum direct supervision.
- Must be extremely dependable coupled with an outgoing, personable and professional attitude
- A Class C license (commercial) not mandatory, but strongly preferred.
- Must have sufficient professional tools for use in race team shop.
- Approximate percentage of travel required: 25%
About Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. (KMC) markets and distributes Kawasaki motorcycles, ATVs, side x sides and Jet Ski ® watercraft through a network of almost 1,100 independent retailers, with close to an additional 7,400 retailers specializing in general purpose engines. Kawasaki and its affiliates employ nearly 3,100 people in the United States, with approximately 260 of them located at our Foothill Ranch, CA headquarters. We’re proud to say that Kawasaki has a great reputation in the industry, strong brand recognition, exemplary quality, and excellent customer service.