Are you looking for an organization that empowers its team members to learn, grow, and make a genuine impact? At Kawasaki, we offer this and so much more.
We have an immediate opening for a Team Green Support Technician.
This position provides complete technical/mechanical support and customer service to Kawasaki racers and customers at various racing events, including troubleshooting, repairs, parts sales, inventory of parts/accessories and the professional appearance of KMC and personal property.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes service and/or repair requests received from various racers.
- Performs diagnostics with racer to collect information about the problem to determine source of error.
- Repairs and/or replaces defective parts on motorcycles per request.
- Works together with other Team Green staff by sharing and accepting input to formulate the best solutions based on customer needs.
- Assists Team Green staff with training and troubleshooting; Encourages troubleshooting and communication skills of Team Green staff to provide superior service to Kawasaki dealers and customers.
- Prepares KX machinery and KX special projects. Must be able to manage and complete multiple projects in a timely manner with excellent quality and attention to detail.
- Coordinates preventative maintenance and services for KX machinery and KX special projects as necessary.
- Schedules and performs maintenance of Team Green support vehicle in addition to maintaining a professional presentation at events.
- Maintains the outside of support vehicle to the highest level including but not limited to washing each race week, waxing every 2-3 months, polishing wheel rims every month and cleaning tents.
- Maintains the inside of support vehicle to the highest level including but not limited to cleaning cabinets, floors, tools and all associated equipment.
- Logs and tracks parts inventory utilized at various events and re-stocks support vehicle.
- Collects funds for parts and/or accessories distributed at racing events.
- Records and submits accurate warranty logs.
- Interacts with promoters to establish public address announcements and to gain high profile locations for KMC support vehicles at various racing events.
- Records and submits accurate expense reports on a timely basis.
- Records and submits accurate DOT logs for Team Green support vehicle.
- Assists Team Green Racing Technician with engine services and prep of machinery when necessary.
- Works with Team Green Parts Coordinator to ensure supply of appropriate parts and/or equipment.
- Serves as department liaison to QA and R&D departments on all internal and external warranty issues.
Education and Experience:
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; and minimum 4 years related experience and/or training in a motorcycle racing environment; or equivalent combination of education experience. MMI or equivalent preferred.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Solid knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, and FI software packages.
- Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully prioritize and organize multiple, competing tasks.
- Extremely detailed and deadline oriented.
- Brings energy and enthusiasm to group or team efforts.
- Able to work successfully and achieve objectives under minimum direct supervision.
- Extremely dependable with an outgoing, personable and professional attitude.
- In depth knowledge and experience working with 2 stroke and 4 stroke machines including EFI turning.
- Sufficient professional tools for use in support vehicle and race team shop.
- Current Class M license (motorcycle) required.
- A Class C license (commercial) not required, but strongly preferred.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Approximate percentage of travel required: 50%
Your health and wellness are important to you – and to us. That’s why we provide a comprehensive benefits program designed for you (and your family) in mind.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Generous Time off
- Educational Assistance
- Ongoing training and development
- Team member product purchase program
About Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. (KMC) markets and distributes Kawasaki motorcycles, ATVs, side x sides and Jet Ski ® watercraft through a network of almost 1,100 independent retailers, with close to an additional 7,400 retailers specializing in general purpose engines. Kawasaki and its affiliates employ nearly 3,100 people in the United States, with approximately 260 of them located at our Foothill Ranch, CA headquarters. We’re proud to say that Kawasaki has a great reputation in the industry, strong brand recognition, exemplary quality, and excellent customer service.