Are you looking for an organization that empowers its team members to learn, grow, and make a genuine impact? At Kawasaki, we offer this and so much more.
We have an immediate opening for a Field Quality Inspector.
The Field Quality Inspector researches and tracks product quality issues through field visits, customer and dealer visits, and by conducting product evaluations/duplications; communicates report findings with Kawasaki manufacturing companies. Collects and tracks sample parts related to product quality issues; provides samples when requested. This position works closes with the Product Quality & Evaluation Specialist in California.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Frequently visits the field to conduct product evaluations and reports potential product quality issues to KMC-QA.
- Frequently visits customers and dealers in order to investigate and reports potential product quality issues.
- Frequently monitors service and warranty related data from customers and dealers and reports any new product quality issues or trends.
- Provides information to KHI, KMM and KMC with regards to specific circumstances or conditions under which failures or problems may occur.
- Assists QA team in duplication of the conditions in order to develop countermeasures or plans for action.
- Provides technical assistance to KHI, KMM and KMC team members visiting dealers or customers in KMC market areas. Technical assistance includes insight into the standard practices involved in the operation of a Kawasaki dealership. Must also provide information regarding standard practices for handling, transporting, and storing vehicle crate.
- Inspects and analyzes claimed parts from dealers and provides results regarding the warranty claims to KHI and KMC team members. Contacts dealers to provide feedback regarding Warranty Claim judgments when it is beneficial to the dealer and/or KMC.
- Coordinates field investigations with Technical Support team on quality related subjects.
- Interprets numeric data and communicates data findings to engineering team members.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent from four-year college is required; and minimum five years related experience and/or training in a product quality environment; or equivalent combination of education experience.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have a strong mechanical background in Side-X-Side’s, ATV’s, motorcycle’s or and personal watercraft.
- Must have some basic fabrication skills.
- Requires a valid driver’s license, DOT certification (to drive pickup and trailer) and motorcycle license.
- Must have Off-Road recreational vehicle experience.
- Frequent travel is required including multiple weekends. Approximate percentage of travel required: 60%. This includes approximately 5 times/month customer or dealer visits and approximately 5 times/month field testing.
- Must have solid knowledge and experience working with Microsoft’s Word and Excel software.
- Must have the ability to interpret numeric data and put the data into both graphic and written reports.
- Must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to successfully prioritize and organize multiple, competing tasks.
- Must be extremely detail and deadline oriented.
- Must be a good self-starter that can take initiative to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must bring energy and enthusiasm to group or team efforts.
Your health and wellness are important to you – and to us. That’s why we provide a comprehensive benefits program designed for you (and your family) in mind.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Generous Time off
- Educational Assistance
- Ongoing training and development
- Team member product purchase program
About Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. (KMC) markets and distributes Kawasaki motorcycles, ATVs, side x sides and Jet Ski ® watercraft through a network of almost 1,100 independent retailers, with close to an additional 7,400 retailers specializing in general purpose engines. Kawasaki and its affiliates employ nearly 3,100 people in the United States, with approximately 260 of them located at our Foothill Ranch, CA headquarters. We’re proud to say that Kawasaki has a great reputation in the industry, strong brand recognition, exemplary quality, and excellent customer service.