Salary Range: $40,000 - $60,000/yr
J&L Harley-Davidson is located in the beautiful and vibrant city of Sioux Falls, SD. Our community is established and wealthy, rife with opportunities and culture. We have a world class team of Harley-Davidson professionals who challenge each other daily to get better. Our city is growing every year and our ridership is alive and well. Join our amazing team!!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Service Department Operations
• Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
• Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible. Continually improve this “efficiency” skill.
• Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
• Accept work assignments from Service Writer/Manager.
• Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
• Perform service, repair and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
• Assist Service Writer, when requested, with writing up work orders, communication with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
• Notify Service Writer/Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
• After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
• Keep work areas as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
• Maintain technical (PHD and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
2) Customer Service
• Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
• Keep customers’ vehicle cleaner that when it was dropped of.
3) Other Duties
• As assigned.
About J&L Harley-Davidson
J&L Harley-Davidson is seeking a fulltime technician to start work immediately.