Salary Range: 50-60k
Intakes customer vehicles, diagnoses problems and service needs, schedules work, assigns jobs
to service technicians and communicates job status to customer.
Key Result Areas
● Service Department Operations
● Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Service Department Operations
● Assist Service department manager in maintaining a smooth running efficient service
department with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
● Diagnose problems accurately, and clearly describe them on the repair order.
● Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to
● Assign jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
● Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
● Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
● Determine correct part numbers on repair orders and assist the parts department with
picking and posting of parts before job starts.
● Perform cashier functions, as needed.
● Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
● Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders.
● Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including and proper
storage of these items.
● Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service
and parts management
2) Customer Service
● Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers
● Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
● Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.