Please provide your salary history and salary requirements with your resume.
Description & Primary Responsibilities:
We are a boutique style dealership that focuses on creating great customer experiences and driving life time value and long-term relationships with our customers. We are a part of a growing brand and we are looking to add a technician to our team. The right candidate must understand and fully embrace our culture and goals of always thinking “customer first” and helping to create great experiences for our community of riders.
One of the over-arching themes of our dealership is our teamwork and team/customer first attitude. This role, like every role in our dealership, will have multiple responsibilities, will cross several departments, and has the ability to grow professionally within our dealership and as our dealerships grow. This role will report directly to the Service Manager, who has significant experience with our brand and working in the industry. The owner is also very active on a daily basis, and there will be many opportunities to work closely with both and the right individual will have the ability to make significant impacts in our success.
We’re looking for a self-starting hard worker with great attention to detail and a passion for keeping people riding. Candidates must have a valid M1 endorsement or a path to getting one and a clean driving record and be available to fulfill our required hours.
Training is as important to us as it is to you and we are committed to giving you continued training and helping you to maintain all certifications. Excellent pay and benefits to the right candidate, including medical and dental.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Diagnosing and fault-finding common and advanced problems
• Time and resource management
• Oil changes and scheduled service milestones
• All tire work and repairs
• Charging/Electrical system diagnostics
• Ignition and Fueling system diagnostics
• Suspension dynamics and diagnostics
• Warranty repair, recalls and clearing service flags
• Staying up to date with all certifications and trainings
• Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
• Perform diagnosis and repair of equipment as required
• Perform reconditioning and repair of all machine systems and components
• Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with job assignments
• Participate in all training programs as directed by the Service Manager
• Bring to the attention of the Service Manager any shop tools, equipment or vehicle that is not in a serviceable condition or is unsafe to use
• Test ride motorcycles after service is completed
• Demo rides with customers
• Comply with all Company safety programs, rules, regulations, procedures, etc.
• Provide a positive and highly ethical experience to all customers
• Must have a high knowledge of our products and remain current with updates
• Be able to use computers, programs and use of CRM software to see contact data
• Responsible for moving bikes in and daily, and for storing bike properly
• Helping run parts in the dealership
• Wash new and used motorcycles for the sales and service departments
• Lift heavy bikes for loading and safely driving Company vehicles
• Providing concierge service to our customers by doing pick up and drop off of bikes
• Maintain a clean and organized dealership lot and your work area
• Transport motorcycles, possible overnight trips for transports and run general errands
• Assist with the set up and execution of internal and external events.
• Drive a forklift and uncrate new motorcycle deliveries
• Communicate with staff and customers in a courteous manner
• Ride motorcycles
Qualifications, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• High School or equivalent education is required
• Valid California Driver’s License and M1 endorsement will be required
• At minimum of 2 years of relevant experience is required
• Experienced working with V-Twins, UJM’s, 2-strokes, and modern sport bikes
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and web applications.
• Authorized to work in the United States legally
• Ability to get along with a broad customer base
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Knowledge and experience within the powersports industry is required
• Ability to quickly learn the other products sold by the dealership
• Experience with Point of Sale or the ability to learn them quickly
• Friendly, outgoing personality, a passion for flawless results, and a strong work ethic
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
• Must be able to lift at least 100 lbs
• Must have the ability to stand/walk for significant lengths at a time
• Some events may require the employee to work at an off-site location
• Majority of the work is conducted indoors; outdoor events occur from time to time.
• Must be able to work weekends and some evenings
Note: The above requirements and responsibilities are not all inclusive.
Company & Brand Information:
Indian Motorcycle is one of the most iconic brands in the power sports industry, with roots tracing all the way back to 1901. The Indian Motorcycle brand has a long and storied history in motorcycle lore, but it wasn’t until 2011, when long-established and highly successful US manufacturer, Polaris Industries, stepped in and acquired the Indian Motorcycle brand, did a truly well-funded and focused effort take hold. In 2013, Polaris Industries began rolling out newly designed Indian Motorcycles, but keeping the nostalgic and distinctive look of Indians of old.
Located in the community of Kearny Mesa in central San Diego, Indian Motorcycle of San Diego opened under new ownership and management in late June 2018. The dealership is centered around a premium feel and experience, while maintaining a boutique/personalized feeling for our customers. The dealership’s success will come from a consistent and targeted effort to make the experience for our customers premium and authentic at every turn, coupled with a strong commitment to our customers and the authenticity of the brand.
If you are ready to be a part of an amazing and committed team and want to be part of something special and unique to the industry, then Indian Motorcycle of San Diego is the team for you to be a part of!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour