Passion doesn’t make compromises – passion arouses emotions! At Highsider our common passion is the love of motorcycles. We love helping you give your bike a unique style that is all your own. If you are passionate about motorcycles then we want you on our team!! Highsider is Europe’s market leader for innovative lighting technology and high-quality motorcycle accessories and is now expanding in the US market! The development team is constantly on the road, riding and meeting with fellow motorcycle enthusiasts to design and develop the most modern and innovative product line. Since 2008 Highsider has been the trendsetter in the motorcycle accessories market. Be it mirrors, headlights, taillights, turn signals, or smaller accessories like bar ends, grips or lamp supports: our aim is to always provide the
highest level quality, functionality and efficient technology. German engineered for whatever you ride.
Job Title: Technical Support & Business Development Representative
Reports to: President
Status: Regular Full Time, Non-Exempt
The Technical Support and Business Development Rep is the technical backbone of the Highsider brand. A successful rep is a passionate motorcycle enthusiast who will grow the brands presence in the US market by demonstrating a mastery of strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills. They leverage these skills to foster and maintain relationships, to educate customers on our products, and to provide technical support and guidance to end users, dealers, repair shops, distributors, marketing and call center staff, and other sales staff. The Technical Support & Business Development Rep is also a valued administrative technician who knows how important the back end data is to high level customer service. They accurately record customer information and sales orders into the computer system for on-time processing and delivery of orders. This position is employed by Paaschburg & Wunderlich, LLC, the parent company and exclusive owner of the Highsider brand.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and Maintain relationships with customers (B2C and B2B)
- Know and describe specifications of parts and accessories
- Assist customers with questions pertaining to part fitment and function
- Identify appropriate parts required for installation/repairs/desired modifications
- Assist in the update and maintenance of catalog/web site part information
- Stay up to date on technical knowledge of the latest motorcycle models, parts, service updates, and accessories by reviewing industry periodicals, web sites, etc…
- Assist technicians, sales, product development, marketing staff with various projects and questions requiring technical knowledge
- Provide technical assistance/information to all business units as needed
- Correspond with customers via email, phone or other communication channels
- Use the computer system to:
- Look up records and enter/update customer information.
- Process sales orders for parts and accessories.
- Answer customer questions and deliver customer service.
- Determine and communicate price and availability for parts requested.
- Process change of address information.
- Process order cancellations and changes when possible.
- Ability to up-sell, cross-sell and sell products based on knowledge of features
- Diligent about timely follow-up to ensure consistent and accurate customer service.
- Thorough command of the returns process: from customer inquiry to assisting in the inspection of returned parts for assessment and determination of failure origin
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Conduct training of non-technical staff through formal presentation of materials and formal facilitation of learning experiences.
- Assist event staff at various events on an “as needed” basis.
- Grow sales of B2B customers by offering technical support and creative ways to display and sell the company’s products.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Passionate motorcycle enthusiast
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Attention to detail, integrity, timely, adaptable, teamwork and a positive attitude
- Confident and clear oral and written communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Decision making and negotiation skills
- Active listener with a high aptitude for understanding and attending to the comments and questions of others.
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Valid driver’s license with motorcycle endorsement
- Bachelors Degree, and/ or graduate of a certified motorcycle technician’s program (i.e. AMI, MMI, etc…)
- 3 years of experience as a motorcycle mechanic or similar technical/industry experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, handle, feel, hear and talk. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee must be able to drive a vehicle, fly in an airplane, utilize, trains, buses and/or other transportation methods.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position works in a variety of different environments, including an office setting, exterior settings with noise level that can fluctuate from low to high. Primary work location is 16315 Monterey Rd. Morgan Hill, CA 95037
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Negotiable competitive base salary plus commission based on meeting or exceeding sales performance. Employees are eligible for Medical, dental, 2 weeks paid vacation, and paid sick leave accrued at a rate of 1 hour for every 30 hours worked.
To be considered for this exceptional career opportunity, submit your resume, a list of three work-related references, and a brief statement of interest describing in detail what interests you about this position and why you are a great fit, to:
Holger Mohr at email@example.com
Please submit the required information as an attachment in a single Word or PDF document with the job title in the subject.
Paaschburg & Wunderich USA LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any protected class covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.