Job Title: Harley-DavidsonService Technician
Department: Service Department
Supervisor: Service Manager
Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motor vehicles as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality.
Key Result Areas
· Service Department Operations
· Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Service Department Operations
· Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
· Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible. Continually improve this “efficiency” skill.
· Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
· Accept work assignments from Service Writer/Manager.
· Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
· Perform service, repair and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
· Assist Service Writer, when requested, with writing up work orders, communication with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
· Notify Service Writer/Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
· After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
· Keep work areas as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
· Maintain technical (PHD and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
2) Customer Service
Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
· Keep customers’ vehicle cleaner that when it was dropped of.
3) Other Duties
· No Supervisory Responsibilities
Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
· Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
· Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
· Maintain up to date technical qualification (PHD and others) by completing all training programs assigned by the Service Manager.
· Focus on quality.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
· Completion of a factory authorized training program such as MMI Service School or equivalent work experience
· Current Motorcycle license.
· Service Technicians need both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our products. All Service Technicians are required to own a set of tools. See list of required general tools.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
· Requires the use of both hands.
· Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lift 50 lb. of material.
· Frequently requires the ability to balance and push a 900 lb. motorcycle.
· Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
· Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
· Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Hourly with commission depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time
About House of Harley-Davidson
Be a part of the best. House of Harley-Davidson has earned the Harley-Davidson Bar & Shield Achievement Award multiple times and are currently ranked as one of the top dealers in the country. We are a growing full-service Harley Davidson dealership offering Vehicle Sales, Parts & Accessories, Service, Clothing and collectibles. House of Harley-Davidson is committed to providing a positive motorcycling experience for every customer.