Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Sales Manager
The Cashier is responsible for providing professional, courteous, and exceptional service to all customers. The Cashier plays a key role in maintaining the store reputation and image. This person is responsible for cashiering for customers who are purchasing parts and accessories. They are also responsible for helping to maintain the showroom, showroom displays, and customer areas to meet or exceed the dealerships standards. As with all positions within our dealership, a Cashier is expected to be committed to excellent customer service, uphold the highest ethical standards, and work cooperatively with all departments.
A pleasant and friendly disposition is a must as well as being able to effectively multi-task.
· Greet and assist customers who enter the showroom.
· Monitor the telephone
· Answer incoming calls and inquiries in a prompt, professional and welcoming manner.
· Handle customer payments and credit transactions.
· Follow prescribed cash, credit, and check processing procedures of the dealership.
· Maintain common areas with required office and general supplies as needed.
· Assist Management with various clerical duties as needed.
· Use and operate a computer and multiple computer programs.
· Perform basic administrative and other duties as assigned.
· Maintain a clean, orderly, and efficient sales showroom environment.
· Maintain clean and orderly restrooms and other customer areas.
· Assist in maintaining the sales floor, displays, and customer areas to meet or exceed the dealership’s standards.
· Re-stock the sales department retail inventory.
· Follow all safety guidelines for the department and the dealership.
· Stay abreast of new trends and techniques pertaining to motorcycle and powersports parts.
· Ensure that adequate internal controls are functioning appropriately within assigned areas.
· Exercise an appropriate level of courtesy, tact, and professional communications in dealing with others.
· Exhibit a high level of commitment to customer satisfaction.
· Adhere to a standard of professional ethics.
· Show a high level of ownership, accountability, and initiative.
· Work in a fast-paced environment with a variety of tasks efficiently and with minimal error.
· Maintain positive relationships with customers, other employees, and owners.
· Show an interest in growing the business.
· Keep himself/herself groomed and clothed per the dealership guidelines.
· Other duties as instructed.
Physical Job Description
1. Mostly indoor work
2. Standing for long periods of time.
3. Occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
4. Reaching outward, above shoulder, and down low
6. Using fingers
12. Using a computer, phone, printer, fax machine
Minimum Education (or substitute experience)
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
1. Cashiering experience, 1 year or light office experience 1 year a plus.
2. Phone system experience a plus.
3. Experience and/or knowledge of motorcycle and powersports parts a plus.
Math Skills required
1. The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Computer Skills required
1. Possess basic computer skills.
2. The ability to learn dealer management software and other related software.
3. The ability to use electronic messaging systems.
Communication Skills required
1. Ability to speak effectively and clearly.
2. Ability to listen effectively.
3. Ability to follow instructions, both written and verbal.
4. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
5. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
6. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
7. Ability to write legibly.
1. Available to work 9am to 6pm, Monday through Saturday.
2. Ability to extend hours to evenings and weekends to achieve goals.
At 90 days of full time employment, employees receive medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as PTO.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
About Honda Kawasaki KTM of Modesto