Title: Parts Department Manager
ID: Parts Mgr
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: General Manager (GM)
The Parts Department Manager is responsible for running a profitable and efficient Parts Department and ensuring that the dealership goals are met in the Parts Department. The Parts Department Manager plans, organizes, oversees and controls the activities of the Parts Department including the Parts department staff, the retail sales floor, the brands, inventory, the department finances, and customer service to meet or exceed the dealerships standards. As with all positions within our dealership, a Parts Representative is expected to be committed to excellent customer service, uphold the highest ethical standards, and work cooperatively with all departments.
· Oversee all activities occurring in the Parts Department and the retail sales floor.
· Ensure each customer experience meets or exceeds expectations according to dealership policies and guidelines.
· Monitor the flow of work in the Parts Department and intervene as needed to ensure goals are accomplished.
· Maintain the Parts Department’s operating environment to ensure optimal performance.
· Supervise the Parts Department’s staff; direct the team’s schedule and activities.
· Build a winning team by working with HR and the GM to recruit, hire, and train, counsel, and monitor Parts Department employees according to dealership policies and guidelines.
· Exhibit a passion for developing employees.
· Conduct regular team or training meetings as directed by the GM.
· Forecast goals and objective for the department and strive to meet them.
· Work with the Service Department to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs.
· Oversee and work cooperatively with the Parts Department Coordinators.
· Determine and maintain appropriate inventory levels while ensuring periodic parts turnover.
· Oversee the setting up of the retail sales floor, the parts counter, and the parts department.
· Clearly and consistently communicate the expectations of performance and ensure accountability and maximum contribution of each sales team member.
· Utilize the dealership’s CRM to monitor daily sales activities, maximize profits, improve customer relations and service, and reduce costs.
· Improve customer satisfaction by investigating complaints and problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
· Recommend changes in products, service, policy, by evaluating results of industry and market research.
· Develop and manage departmental budget, sales planning, and performance goals as well as non-financial objectives that complement the business strategy and organizational goals.
· Thrive in a fast paced and sometimes high-pressure work environment.
· Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
· Demonstrate good sales and customer service skills.
· Maintain a clean, orderly, and efficient retail sales floor, parts counter, stockroom and office environment.
· Stay abreast of new trends and techniques pertaining to motorcycle and powersports.
· Contribute toward effective team problem solving with other employees and management.
· Exhibit a high level of commitment to customer satisfaction.
· Adhere to a standard of professional ethics and encourage the same among the Parts team.
· Show a high level of ownership, accountability, and initiative.
· Contribute to the growth of the business in the Parts department.
· Other duties as instructed.
Minimum Education (or substitute experience)
1. High School Diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education.
1. Knowledge of motorcycle and powersports preferred.
2. 5 years of Parts experience.
3. 2 year of management.
4. Lightspeed experience a plus.
1. Valid California Driver’s License.
Math Skills required
1. The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
2. The ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
3. The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Financial Skills required
1. Understand basic financial principles such as profit margins, budget preparation, etc.
2. Ability to manage and sort through multiple sets of numbers.
Computer Skills required
1. Possess basic computer skills.
2. The ability to learn dealer management software and other related software.
3. The ability to use electronic messaging systems.
Communication Skills required
4. Ability to speak effectively and clearly.
5. Ability to listen effectively.
6. Ability to follow instructions, both written and verbal.
7. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
8. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
9. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
10. Ability to write legibly.
Reasoning Skills required
1. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
2. Analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution.
3. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
1. Available to work 9am to 6pm, Monday through Saturday.
2. Ability to extend hours to evenings and weekends to achieve goals.
3. Available to attend sales events, trade shows, promotions.
4. Available to attend training and conferences.
Physical Job Description
1. Mostly indoor work
5. Occasionally lifting to 50lbs
8. Reaching outward, above shoulder, and down low
10. Using fingers
Using a computer, phone, printer, fax machine
The Parts Department Manager is expected to perform all the duties successfully and fulfill the role of a manager and supervisor. The Parts Department Manager will help recruit and build a cohesive sales team, participate in sales transactions when appropriate, create and communicate the dealership’s vision, continuously manage and upgrade the purchasing, merchandising, and sales process, and measure performance. He/she will understand the powersports market and industry and be a contributor to the dealership’s goals by developing business plans, meeting planned goals, and coordinating with marketing and other vendors on purchasing, sales, and promotions.
Salary starting at $50,000-$60,000 per year, depending on experience.
Full time employees receive medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as PTO.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
About Honda Kawasaki KTM of Modesto