Please apply on MIJ or here.
Powersports Sales Manager position will handle the US & Canada for Hitachi Astemo Americas, Inc. You will be responsible to promote and create new sales inside the region to meet sales revenue and profit targets. You will increase sales and manage existing customer business by providing key performance metrics. You will visit customers frequently to update them on our products and close sales opportunities to meet budget requirements. You will work closely with marketing, production control and logistics to ensure timely delivery of products to customers. You will prepare annual budget and monthly forecast to measure results.
Support the development and execution of the sales strategy and action plan for the Coman Hitachi & Powersports division to drive growth.
· Pursue growth through management of key accounts, identifying new opportunities and increasing sales presence.
· Prepare weekly and monthly sales status reports
· Meet sales financial objectives – prepare an annual budget, forecast requirements, analyze variances.
· Project expected sales volume and profit for existing and new programs; analyzing trends and results; recommending pricing strategies; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
· Establish and sustain rapport with key accounts through regular visits, exploring specific needs and anticipating new opportunities.
· Work closely with Marketing Dept. to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate new product opportunities.
· Focus categories: powertrain, suspension, and brakes
· Establish new business in the Motorcycle and Powersports segment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience with key account sales structures
· Manufacture or National Rep experience preferred.
· Proficient in building and maintaining relationships for successful sales growth
· Aptitude for preparation of monthly management reports and annual forecasts for budgeting
· Detail oriented, with strong organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal / written communication and presentation skills required
· Proficient in Microsoft applications – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Additionally, the ability to work independently with minimal direction is required as are strong/effective verbal and written communication skills.
Education: Possess a bachelor’s degree Business Administration, Sales or other related field.
Experience: 3-5 Years of Powersports Industry experience required
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Physical Demands: Required to sit or stand for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Have ability to work 40 – 60 hours per week.
Travel: This position requires 30-50% travel. Domestic and international may be required as needed.
About Hitachi Astemo Americas, Inc.
Since its founding in 1910, Hitachi has responded to significant societal challenges based on our mission of “contributing to society through the development of superior, original technology and products.” Throughout its’ history, Hitachi Astemo Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to email@example.com. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.