Harley-Davidson of Greenville, the largest volume dealer of Harley-Davidson Motorcycles, Parts & Accessories, and General Merchandise in the Upstate. We are looking for motivated and professional individuals to join our team as Service Advisors and assist our growing service business to drive customer loyalty by providing exceptional customer service to each and every guest. Our Service Advisors should be passionate about the brand and enjoy interacting with people throughout the day.
Job Title: Service Advisor
Reports To: Service Director
Job Type: Full Time
Position Summary: Accepts customer motorcycles, diagnoses problems and service needs, up-sells product where reasonable, schedules work, assigns jobs to service Technicians and communicates job status to customers.
Required Experience: Outgoing, friendly personality and superior communication and customer service skills. Knowledge and experience with servicing of Harley-Davidson motorcycles and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to learn quickly. Experience with point-of-sale and Parts & Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge and experience with computers. Current motorcycle license. Graduate of a rider safety class. Communicates effectively with others, including giving and receiving feedback on the quality of services.
· Perform a visual walk-around inspection to diagnose customer concerns accurately and clearly describe them on a repair order. Obtain customer signature, the permission to complete repairs.
· Schedule all internal and external Repair Orders following established procedures.
· Promptly input Repair Orders into DEALER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, ensuring customer name, telephone number, and address are accurate.
· Diagnose problems accurately, and clearly describe them on the Repair Order. Listen to the customer and don’t assume anything.
· Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
· Assign jobs to Technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
· Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
· Determine correct part numbers on Repair Orders and assist the Parts Department with picking and posting of parts on all Repair Orders.
· Review Repair Orders for the sales department to determine if all parts and accessories are available for the scheduled workday.
· Assist in preparation of Warranty Claims, Recalls for submission to Harley-Davidson Motor Company and Extended Warranty Companies.
· Check all customer motorcycles for pending Warranty recalls.
· Submit, review, and resolve all warranty claims in a timely manner.
· Prepare and ship requested returns to Harley-Davidson Motor Company as necessary.
· Reconcile credit memos to outstanding Warranty Claims, E-forms, and annual returns.
· Track and destroy non-returned warranty parts according to Harley-Davidson Motor Company.
· Perform cashier functions, as required.
· Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
· Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal Repair Orders.
· Become familiar and efficient with the computer system(s) for the Service Consultant position.
· Responsible for following Harley-Davidson Motor Company Warranty Certification guidelines.
· Attend monthly service meetings.
· Read, understand and follow all safety requirements when using tools and chemicals and performing work in the shop.
· Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
· Notify customers ASAP of any changes, delays, or additional work needed.
· Avoid setting high customer expectation levels in situations where expectations are not likely to be met.
· Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
· Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
· Avoid making commitments that cannot (or likely will not) be met.
· Set customers’ expectations to a level where they will likely be met.
· Assist in maintaining a Service Follow up program.
· Other Duties – As assigned.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
· Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools.
· Occasionally requires the ability to lift 40 pounds of material.
· Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push an 800 lb motorcycle.
· Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
· Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motorcycle Service Department.
· Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Compensation: We offer a top employer contributing benefit package to include: health, dental and life insurance. Harley-Davidson of Greenville offers a principle 401K program, paid vacation and a great environment to excel and grow.
Make the move and join the Harley-Davidson of Greenville team today!
About Harley-Davidson of Greenville
We strive to make the atmosphere at Harley-Davidson of Greenville pleasant and rewarding to customers and employees. In July 2004 Harley-Davidson of Greenville opened a new and larger location at 30 Chrome Drive with over 35,000 sq. ft. of Harley awesomeness.
Today Harley-Davidson of Greenville offers customers high quality merchandise with the upmost respect to our customers and the Harley-Davidson brand. Our number one priority is to service our customers to the best of our ability and help them live the dream of owning a Harley-Davidson. We are dedicated to making Harley-Davidson of Greenville a comfortable and trustworthy environment for Harley-Davidson enthusiasts of all ages and walks of life.
We carry pre-owned and new Harley-Davidson motorcycles and offer top-quality service and repairs. Our parts department services customers with Genuine Harley-Davidson Motor Parts and Accessories, as well as aftermarket parts and accessories. The General Merchandise and MotorClothes department offers Harley enthusiasts all they need to make the ride more comfortable and enjoyable