Job Title: Motorcycle Sales Associate
Department: Motorcycle Sales
Reports To: Sales Manager & GM
Job Type: Full Time
Position Summary: Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, motorcycle sales to customers by using current proactive feature benefit sales techniques.
Required Experience: Outgoing, friendly personality and superior communication and customer service skills. Knowledge and experience of Harley-Davidson motorcycles and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to learn quickly. Must be able to get along with a broad customer base. Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Attain new and used sales quotas as agreed upon with the sales manager.
· Use floor time effectively to meet customer needs and solicit sales of all products.
· Present the features of all products to customers along with their benefits.
· Show each customer advantages of products over competing brands.
· Cross sell additional parts, accessories, HOG memberships, Warranties & service contracts etc. with all new and used vehicles.
· Maintain profit margin objective for all vehicle sales.
· Follow procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all paperwork.
· Introduce new customers to the service, parts, general merchandise and F&I departments and their personnel.
· Follow the C.U.S.T.O.M. sales process.
· Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
· Ensure customers are properly qualified for needs, wants, and ability to buy.
· Practice a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent
treatment when doing business.
· Use a common and consistent quotation methodology for motorcycle sales, trade-ins and purchases.
· Conduct a road test, and pre-delivery inspection prior to delivery to customer.
· Ensure the delivery to customer is an “EVENT” which endears the customer to the dealership.
· Contact customers using mailing lists, leads and personal follow-up to encourage additional sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
· Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and sales department issues.
· Cultivate prospects (e.g., showroom customer follow-up, phone-in inquiries, past owners, etc.).
· Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
· Model superior customer service behavior for all sales personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
· Remain current with all Sales department training available by reviewing ProSell & P.A.C.E. tapes and attending seminars, workshops, and other related training programs assigned by the Sales Manager.
· Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
· Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
· Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
· Continually learn more about the products and services you sell. Stay current on motorcycle trends and selling features.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
· Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base.
· High energy level.
· Excellence communication skills and demonstrated “closing skills”.
· Knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson/Buell motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
· Must be able to work effectively with all areas of the dealership to maximize both the buying experience for the customer and the profitability of the dealership.
· The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
· Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push an 800 lb. motorcycle.
· Spend the majority of the day on your feet.
· Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
· Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Compensation: We offer a top employer contributing benefit package to include: health, dental and life insurance. Harley-Davidson of Greenville offers a principle 401K program, paid vacation and a great environment to excel and grow.
About Harley-Davidson of Greenville
We strive to make the atmosphere at Harley-Davidson of Greenville pleasant and rewarding to customers and employees. In July 2004 Harley-Davidson of Greenville opened a new and larger location at 30 Chrome Drive with over 35,000 sq. ft. of Harley awesomeness.
Today Harley-Davidson of Greenville offers customers high quality merchandise with the upmost respect to our customers and the Harley-Davidson brand. Our number one priority is to service our customers to the best of our ability and help them live the dream of owning a Harley-Davidson. We are dedicated to making Harley-Davidson of Greenville a comfortable and trustworthy environment for Harley-Davidson enthusiasts of all ages and walks of life.
We carry pre-owned and new Harley-Davidson motorcycles and offer top-quality service and repairs. Our parts department services customers with Genuine Harley-Davidson Motor Parts and Accessories, as well as aftermarket parts and accessories. The General Merchandise and MotorClothes department offers Harley enthusiasts all they need to make the ride more comfortable and enjoyable